PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Most of my favorites are from Europe.
Astleys no 44 Dark Flake, no 109 medium Fluke
Solani 833 and 660 Silver Flake
Wessex Brigade Campaign Dark Flake, Brown Virginia Flake and Gold Virginia Flake
Fribourg and Treyer Cut Virginia Plug, Vintage Flake, Special Dark Flake
Mac Baren FlakeOld Dark Fired, Navy Flake
Rotary Navy Cut
Brigham Klondike Gold
Samuel Gawith Best Brown Flake
Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake
Samuel Gawith St James Flake
Samuel Gawith St Buno Flake
Samuel Gawith Cabbies Flake which I am not a fan
Germains Stonehaven
American blend is GL Pease Navigator
Butera Royal Vintage: Dark Stoved

I am sure there are a few of each I cannot remember .This is a good representation of some of my favorites.

Last edited:

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I’ve always had a healthy skepticism of the grass is greener thinking. Might be why European blends that are difficult to obtain haven’t had had a big appeal to me. Not that I wouldn’t try any that I had the opportunity to but I am not pursuing them or concerned with how I might obtain them. There are so many good blends I can access it isn’t an issue for me.

Meerly John

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2021
Mid-USA
I've got one foot in both lawns, and it's reasonably comfortable. My cellar is mostly C&D and Mac Baren. I love Germain's, Solani, etc. as much as the next guy, but I just take the attitude that it's made to serve another market first, and we get the leftovers. I like to have 4-8 oz on hand, but I'm not motivated or wealthy enough to obtain a large supply of them. I think I enjoy those blends more because I don't smoke them as often.

There are just very few European blends that I prefer over what is made here in the US. Actually, I am just drawing a blank. Maybe there aren't any. I mean, sure, I will smoke a European attempt at Virginias, but they always seem to try to disguise tobaccos tastes with other stuff. But, ultimately, if I had no access to anything made in Europe, I wouldn't fret much over it.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
I would love to try the Everyman tobacco from across the pond. Some Condor, St Bruno.

While I used to be a big fan of the Danish spin on Burley, I’m really smitten with C&D. They make 200 blends! I’ll never try all.

There’s plenty accessible here I have yet to try, Uhle for example. Perretti. Etc.

Rainy afternoon. I’m having an Americana tongue fry. On bowl three.

Granger, Winchester and now Wrapped in a Wreath of Pegasus.

Last night enjoyed some Haunted Bookshop. I’m staring at Burkey Flake 1 & 2 and OJK and Big n Burley.

I’m content.