PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

driftedshank1

Might Stick Around
Jul 3, 2018
The epitomy of pickledom, in my opinion, is "Ba-Tampte Half Sour pickles". Deliciously crisp and garlicy. In the jar they look very green, almost like a fresh Kirby. Nothing quite like them. Can be found in large supermarkets in the New York metro area. I have no idea if they are available elseware. Worth seeking out.

Buckeyestime

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2023
Stuck between WI and IL
I am sure there is an actual recipe out there on the web, but I just free pour. Take a commercially available jar of dill spears, pour off approximately three ounces and replace with part maple syrup and part bourbon. Shake in red pepper flakes to desired heat level and then give it a few days to marry. Pretty interesting.

Mrs. Pickles

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 8, 2022
AZ, USA
Oh lord, yes.

I used to live near a kosher deli that served a relish plate to every customer.

It came before the sandwiches: a metal pizza tray spilling over with pickled cucumbers, beets, and wedges of cabbage. Crisp, tart, free and massive.

Shortly after I moved, I heard that deli closed down, probably bankrupted by its generous relish plate.

Not a week goes by that I don't think about those pickles.

InWithBothFeet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2024
Richmond, KY
I love dill pickles, not so much any other kind. If you see this in the liquor store and are tempted, just don't. It looked like a good idea this morning, but is the ruination of what might have been a good jar of pickles. 🤮
pickles.jpg