PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
If a civil war were to break out among the Pipe Smoking Community, what would be the cause?
English vs Balkan?
Briar vs Cob vs Meerschaum?
Water Flush vs Salt soak?
Smooth vs Sandblasted?
Inhale vs retrohale vs french inhale vs sissies?

I understand aros can be controversial as well, but lets be honest... No aro-only smoker can throw a punch anyway. nnnn

For me? I may be willing to shed blood just to never hear of another lover or collector of those abhorrent abominations known as Falcon Pipes.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
If a civil war were to break out among the Pipe Smoking Community, what would be the cause?
Stupidity, like most civil wars.

Fortunately over the past decade a lot of superstitions, like Dunhills being the best pipes ever made, have fallen by the wayside. We smoke in a more enlightened community. Even water flushing has gained adherents as more and more people discovered that their pipes didn't grow branches and leaves as a result.

True, the cob contingent can be as adamant as ever that the cob, favored implement in outhouses all across the world, is superior to any other form of smoking implement. But we also have a greater sympathy for their mental affliction and rather than fire barbs at them, we're more likely to offer them a nice shiny pebble to play with.

We don't make fun of goopers like we used to and we no longer see C&D as the worst brand available, though sometimes it's the only brand available. Esoterica is no longer the parnassus of the tobacco world, just an interesting, if hard to find, option.

Yes, there are people who would sell their children's organs for a Danish high grade, but at least they will think about it for 30 seconds instead of simply sending Junior to the abattoir without a second thought.

Progress is incremental, but it is still progress.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
English vs Balkan?
Briar vs Cob vs Meerschaum?
Water Flush vs Salt soak?
Smooth vs Sandblasted?
Inhale vs retrohale vs french inhale vs sissies?

I understand aros can be controversial as well, but lets be honest... No aro-only smoker can throw a punch anyway. nnnn

For me? I may be willing to shed blood just to never hear of another lover or collector of those abhorrent abominations known as Falcon Pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.