PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sidehatch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2022
Colorado
It is a splendid day indeed. I have my Radice back thanks to Marzio Radice.

For those that don’t know, it happened a year ago almost to the week. I put this pipe in my pocket. Got smashed that night. When I came too I had the pipe but no stem the next morning. Waited a little bit to see if it turned up. No dice. Wondering what next to do, I wrote this sob story and posed to the forum “what next?”

The consensus . . .”contact the maker you moron and get a replacement stem.” And so I did. I was able to reach Marzio Radice with Radice pipes. Via google translator (I don’t speak Italian) I told him I needed a new stem and sent him photos. Easy enough except stem was made from Ebonite and he didn’t have any. When he did then we would talk again. Months go by. No Ebonite. Doubt set in. Other pipes were bought. The rotation was in flux. This pipe was becoming an after thought. Then finally Marzio emails me and says he has Ebonite. Ship the pipe to Italy and he’ll make the stem.

So I did. I mailed the pipe, got my tracking number and watched its travels through international mail. (Insert Woodsroad pic for international male). A month goes by and the damn location is the same. No change. I assume the worst and accept it’s lost, stuck in customs, or some dude pocketed himself my pipe. Frantic I asked the forum again “now what?” As I finish hitting send, my wife says ” hey idiot, have you asked Marzio yet to see if he has it?” Brilliant . . .so I do. And yes . . .he does have it. Even better it’s already done, sends me pics and says he’ll mail it out soon. Bingo!!!!!!

1 week later. There is a fedex package from Italy. Open it up and there it is. My Radice made whole again and as magnificent as before. The saga is now complete. Bless you Marzio, the forum and my wife
Original pipe picIMG_0043.jpegThe replacement stem pic ( pics are little darker but you get the idea)IMG_0179.jpegIMG_0178.jpeg