Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
It’s hot in Palm Springs. Time to start up the Indian and visit a treasure trove of pipe shops. Stop one n Temecula, CA. Old Town Pipe Shop. IMG_7318.jpegIMG_7320.jpegIMG_7319.jpegIMG_7322.jpegIMG_7329.jpegIMG_7331.jpegI was hot and despite’s the nice group of smokers, I went next door and got a beer and some water. Off to the next stop, Liberty Tobacco.IMG_7324.jpeg

Last edited:

telescopes

image.jpg
Now at the World Famous Bali Hai. When I get back home and have time to reflect on each shop, I’ll add some details that pipe smokers here might find interesting. Needless to say, I have always advocated a pipe smoking weekend around these three shops. Each of them retains the essence of what a B&M Pipe Shop was always about and each off them is a joy to visit and sit in one of their chairs and light up. And for cigar smokers they each have walk in humidors galore. Some, more than one.

telescopes

Thanks for posting those drool-inducing pics.
I can only dream of doing a trip like that.
Proper tobacconists and pipe shops are as rare as hens teeth Downunder.
I wish I had more time today to take even better pictures. They were each loaded with customers and I tried to stay out of the way.
What’s the drink?
Great photos there, thanks for sharing 👍
The world famous Bali Hai Mai Tai is a drink like no other. The bartender has to warn each customer that it contains no juices. The ice is also a factor. It’s crushed into very small pieces. The fumes can ignite your eyebrows. image.jpg