PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
Speaking of Tom Ford. He copied this stuff (Neroli Portofino) and charged about 100 times what this goes for. But this a classic right here. Of course, TF has higher quality ingredients but a passerby will never know the difference.

4711 - still love this stuff.

View attachment 229701

My grandma used 4711 on her handkerchiefs mixed with some spit to wipe snot out of my face as I was a child. That wasn’t funny at all. An old ladies scent.

• Haha
Reactions: Zero

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Try that series of 4711, they come in a wide range of scents.

4711 Acqua Colonia Blood Orange & Basil - https://www.4711.com/en/4711-acqua-colonia-blood-orange-basil

By the way there’s no real tobacco ever mentioned in any perfume recipe. Even Tabac Original has nothing in common with any pipe tobacco.
My understanding is that if you made a true absolute out of tobacco and put it on your skin, it could make you very sick.

The Lime & Nutmwg of that series is really good too but I love lime in a fragrance.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I just ordered some fresh anal glands from civets which I squeeze to scent myself like those old timey perfume bottles with a hose and that squeezy thing on the end.
That is what I imagine Sex Panther (Anchor Men) smelling like. Pure masculine old school fragrance, not the wimpy masculine fragrances they are making these days. Civet cat “musk” and oak moss makes for a good masculine fragrance.

Zack Miller

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Fort Worth, Texas
Do y’all differentiate between cologne and aftershave? I stppped using cologne after college. I do apply some Old Spice after I shave, but not for fragrance.

Reactions: Zero
I love using perfume - however none of mine smells like tobacco neither did I ever sought out perfume that smells like tobacco. In fact I never thought about a tobacco themed perfume before seeing this post.

I do love tobacco but it is only ONE of many things I enjoy and nothing else in my life is tobacco themed, other than actual tobacco.

Having said that I have been using Givenchy Pi as my primary perfume for over 10+ years, but I do maintain a rotation. Currently in my rotation I also have Chanel Allure and Ralph Lauren Red

Reactions: hawky454 and UB 40