PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Gavrin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 1, 2021
Idaho
I am looking for suggestions of specific tobacco names, bulk or tinned that have low-med Nic hit. Yes I have and am searching the Tobacco review but it's still not the same as hearing someone say “I really like...”. I am also aware that what might hit one person lo can hit another one high, don't worry about that. I just want to know what -whoever may respond-enjoys. Thanks!

Reactions: Effortlessdepths

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I am looking for suggestions of specific tobacco names, bulk or tinned that have low-med Nic hit. Yes I have and am searching the Tobacco review but it's still not the same as hearing someone say “I really like...”. I am also aware that what might hit one person lo can hit another one high, don't worry about that. I just want to know what -whoever may respond-enjoys. Thanks!
Many cased aromatics and Latakia blends are low nic. Virginias and Orientals are typically low in nicotine. Avoid Burley and Perique blends as they reach the higher ends of nicotine content.

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
There are plenty of Burley blends that have low-medium to medium in the nic department. Pegasus comes to mind, which is glorious. You might also try Solani Aged Burley Flake, and MacBaren HH Burley Flake, all low to low medium. Stay away from Cornell and Diehl's Burley Flake series though, if you're not wanting nicotine, those are really strong. Tasty though...

Reactions: Grangerous

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Plus one for Pegasus. However, if mild is what you want, try the codger blends.

Carter Hall
Prince Albert
Half n Half
Sir Walter Raleigh and the Aromatic
And yes, Granger

Gavrin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 1, 2021
Idaho
I am learning a lot. Actually when someone first mentioned "Codgers" I thought it was a brand name of various tobacco blends. Imagine my surprise when I did a search on this forum and found a variety of ways that "Codger" is referred to.... some more uplifting than others! haha I want to thank you guys for giving me some general and some specific suggestions of names of mixtures that fit the "Codger" category. Now to scour the forums using the term "Codger" and see what else I can dig up. I have taken the suggestion that a few of you have given to try samples of typically 1 oz. when I can buy that little or 2 oz. at the most to try. I do set aside the ones that I am not so sure about and will come back and try them at 6 month intervals. Well the tobacco hunt continues!

Reactions: WVOldFart

lonepiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2017
Central Virginia
I am learning a lot. Actually when someone first mentioned "Codgers" I thought it was a brand name of various tobacco blends. Imagine my surprise when I did a search on this forum and found a variety of ways that "Codger" is referred to.... some more uplifting than others! haha I want to thank you guys for giving me some general and some specific suggestions of names of mixtures that fit the "Codger" category. Now to scour the forums using the term "Codger" and see what else I can dig up. I have taken the suggestion that a few of you have given to try samples of typically 1 oz. when I can buy that little or 2 oz. at the most to try. I do set aside the ones that I am not so sure about and will come back and try them at 6 month intervals. Well the tobacco hunt continues!
When I first picked up a pipe twenty years ago I smoked a black raspberry aromatic and didn’t pick up a pipe again until ten years later. That’s when I bought a pouch of Prince Albert and it remains my favorite codger blend. There’s something comforting knowing that after a rough day at work I can fill up my cheap Grabow and have a smoke that has stood the test of time and has given a simple straight forward taste to pipe smokers for generations.

Reactions: WVOldFart