PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JohnMosesBrowning

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 5, 2018
Southeast Michigan
I didn't know where else to post this question, so "Tobacco Discussion" seemed as good a place as any.

On TobaccoReviews.com do you suppose they list the components in the order of Most ---> Least? I read them that way, like a food label. Whenever you pick up a food item and read the ingredients, you know that there's more of whatever's listed first than any other ingredient.

So if the Contents listed are "Burley, Kentucky, Virginia" is it fair to assume that there's more Burley than Kentucky, and more Kentucky than Virginia? Can we determine how much relative Latakia or Perique is in a blend by where they appear in the list of contents?

I feel like I'm hoping for too much here and I'm going to hear about it, lol.

Reactions: Servant King

JohnMosesBrowning

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 5, 2018
Southeast Michigan
Ok, the answer has to be No, they do not list them in any particular order. Looking at the review for Old Gowrie, they list the contents as "Kentucky, Perique, Virginia." Certainly there is not more perique than Virginia in Old Gowrie. Bummer.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Again to the legal bodies out there tobacco is either rustica or tabacum or something like that. Burly Va all the same to them. So it's what they want you to think about when you smoke the blend more then what's in it and what percentages.