PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I know what you are thinking...
"But Jeremiah, there is no such thing as too many pipe cleaners! I use them all the time and I run out all the time!"
I know, I know, normally I would be saying the same thing. Well today is the first day I can ever say that I have too many pipe cleaners!!
I got home today after running some errands which included going to the local B&M. While I was there the store manager grabbed the four bags of pipe cleaners (each bag has 100) he sets aside for me since they usually sell out when they get them each month. I usually get 1 bag tapered, 1 bag bristled, and 2 regular bags. Well I get home and I put the bag on the table, Cynthia asks me what is in the bag and I tell her my monthly supply of pipe cleaners! She sighs, gets out of her chair and walks to the closet.... and she pulls out a paper bag just like mine! She says that a couple months ago when I went in to the B&M they had a large supply and I picked up 6 bags so that the next month I wouldn't have wait to buy more. She said I got 6 because the other two were a backup stash, I guess I left them on the table for a few weeks and she went ahead and stashed them in the closet for me.
At this point I was confused because I thought I already had a stash of backups in my office (2nd bedroom, ). I had put two extra bags away just incase. I also didn't remember buying these 6 extra bags that she had just given me... So I went into my office and I sat at my desk and opened the bottom drawer where I keep the backup cleaners and there was another paper bag as there should have been. I open the bag but there isn't two bags there is 6 in there now!!!
I think I am going insane at this point! I now have 16 bags of pipe cleaners and I can only remember buying 6 of those bags!! :crazy: Well I found an open drawer to stash the extra 12 bags in and I am going to call the B&M tomorrow and tell them to hold off setting some aside for me next month!

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
That's funny Bubba. I have had problems with running out of pipe cleaners and not being able to get any. So I stocked up and now have 13 bags of pipe cleaners, but you still have me beat.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Never have too many, as they don't have an expiration date. I bought a good supply ,a whole case, a few years ago and am still using those. Don't think I've purchased a pipe cleaner in about 4 years.
But I'm always looking for a good deal on them and would purchase another large lot if I can find them right.

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
Bubba, I know blacking out for short periods is common to alcoholics, but this is the first time I have heard it associated with pipe smokers ..

I think we need to commission a study, get some federal funding, and get to the root of this problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.