PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Salvaje

Can't Leave
Mar 19, 2022
NC
I have searched high and low and can’t seem to find any tobacco company shirts (Sutliff, Mac Baren, Cult…). Has anyone found t-shirts that have our favorite tobaccos on them?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I forget what the law is on that. But it's just annoying enough to make such things rare. I normally wouldn't make this suggestion but find a place that prints teeshirts but also doesn't care about copyrights. Just look up custom print t shirts and send them the logos or whatever you want until one doesn't say "we can't do that". It's how I got my Dysfunctional Family Circus shirt :).

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
w
I forget what the law is on that. But it's just annoying enough to make such things rare. I normally wouldn't make this suggestion but find a place that prints teeshirts but also doesn't care about copyrights. Just look up custom print t shirts and send them the logos or whatever you want until one doesn't say "we can't do that". It's how I got my Dysfunctional Family Circus shirt :).
W as gonna say this or get into silkscreening ,it’s actually quite easy , if someone won’t make the shirts , a local screener will at least prepare a screen for you and you can go to town…

Reactions: jpmcwjr and Salvaje

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The best swag I ever received was at the TAPS pipe show at the Raleigh, N.C., Fairgrounds, where I got the last MM cap as a gift with the entry fee. I still wear it regularly, after five or six years, maybe more. The other item is a Savinelli t-shirt in orange that I received along with a Savinelli Venere rusticated straight apple pipe as a prize in the cartoon caption contest sponsored some years ago by PM and SP, very nice. I still were the shirt regularly.

Reactions: Salvaje

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
I find the problem with clothing that is branded with something non-clothing related is that there are compromises, the shirts sourced are not well made, or a weird cut...or the logo is 'cut and paste' rather than designed to fit a garment...this hurdle is also kind of redundant because I generally wont wear/own (certainly NEVER purchase) anything with any advertising/statement. My wife got my a nice plain hoodie for my birthday and it has the logo stitched onto the bottom corner of the pocket, about 1/2" x 1/4", I will unstitch it and then its good to wear.

In saying all that, the Castello tie that a fellow forum member gifted me is very tasteful, this was an example of a company applying the same level of care to their accessories as they do to their main product.

Salvaje

Can't Leave
Mar 19, 2022
NC
I found a Mac Baren shirt on eBay but it has Sutliff on the back. I rather have two separate Mac and Sut shirts on the front and of course a lot of other tin logos.

Salvaje

Can't Leave
Mar 19, 2022
NC
Brilliant!!

Reactions: anotherbob

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
The best swag I ever received was at the TAPS pipe show at the Raleigh, N.C., Fairgrounds, where I got the last MM cap as a gift with the entry fee. I still wear it regularly, after five or six years, maybe more. The other item is a Savinelli t-shirt in orange that I received along with a Savinelli Venere rusticated straight apple pipe as a prize in the cartoon caption contest sponsored some years ago by PM and SP, very nice. I still were the shirt regularly.
I got on of those orange Savinelli shirts in 2015. I still wear it but need a new one.

Reactions: Salvaje

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
At the Chicago Pipe Show at Pheasant Run (pre-pandemic) I got a free Savinelli, SmokingPipes and Crappy Pipes T-shirt along with a Crappy Pipes cinch bag. I never wore any of the shirts, but I still use the Crappy Pipes bag for keeping plastic grocery bags.

Reactions: Salvaje and jpmcwjr
Wonder if shirt makers are afraid the FDA will want to inspect their paints?
Or some other gov't agency that frowns on tobacco use.

Think of the children!!
There could be a moratorium on advertising for tobacco. But, I can order Camel, Marlboro, and Kool cigarette tshirts all day. But, these may be in total disregard for copyright and TMs.
Even before the FDA got involved, the only place I found tshirts were at pipe shows. It may be such a small niche market of a small niche market that it’s just not worth it to them.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Couple friends on cigar boards will do group buys on Habanos logo T-shirt’s and hoodies. Find a print shop online and as people said send them the logo. There is a bit of set up to it but you get ppl to buy 50 total i think there is a little discount, mb even 25 with some shops. I have, cohiba, 1994, monte, boil, a shit ton of them.

@admin Posted some pipes magazine swag at Cafepress a couple of times. First time he did it a few members purchased them. I was not a member then.

He did it again a second time. Only person who acknowledged buying these is me - I got a couple of ceramic mugs. One for me and another to gift a forum member here.

I primarily use porcelain now, so I don’t use the mug any more but I still have it. I will find and post an old photo later. I will also find the link to buy these (Hopefully I will find it)

If you buy something post it here.

55AEAB25-30B5-48E6-9220-D0FB66C03C07.jpeg