SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 27, 2020
Stanly Tucci touched me with his show on Italy. Has anyone else seen it? I'm a bit over cooking / travel shows and found Bourdain to be a boorish twat but Tucci has so much natural charm, humility, and sincerity coming through in this series--and I learned a lot of things about Italian food I never knew despite thinking I know a bit. I mean... I haven't added tomatoes to my Bolognese in over 10 years. The episode where he visits Florence with his Mom and Dad (as they lived there for a year when he was young) was particularly nice.

Jan 27, 2020
If you haven’t seen it. There’s an old* interview with him on the Graham Norton show when he published his cookbook.

* I realise a few years might only be considered “fairly recent” by some of you codgers

Ok- will check it out, thanks! Did you happen to watch the CNN show? In the first episode he had this zucchini pasta dish somewhere on the Amalfi coast which he claims is an all time favorite of his and had a total of 4 ingredients which I think really shows the beauty of real Italian cooking.

Reactions: JOHN72

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Well, how long did you sit there trying to imagine? Do you generally have a good imagination? Don't be such a defeatist, I'm sure you could come up with something if you give it enough time.
I crossed paths with Tony twice and both times he gave me more than my fair share of graciousness and camaraderie. I just wouldn't want to speak for him.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Well if you can't here is that particular dish. Chose this video over the others due to the charming Italian woman with a tooth gap 🥰 which makes up for not understanding Italian.

Tucci's recent memoir is a good read and it contains a number of recipes including the Zucchini pasta dish. As i like to cook I made the dish (He goes on at length about it). It looks and sounds better than it was. Most likely the cook...

Reactions: JOHN72