PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Hampshire Pipes & Cigars

Might Stick Around
Dec 30, 2021
Hampshire UK
The graphic warnings the European Federalisation insisted we put on our tobacco packages was to encourage smokers not purchase as well as to educate. The idea being that people, new smokers in particular, would be put off from purchasing if they saw the images. Cigarettes are now no longer on display in stores and are kept in locked windowless cabinets in supermarkets (not in tobacconists however). But is appears most young people are turning to Vaping anyway - not stored in locked cabinets, and carry no graphic warnings.

If I buy cigar tubes or 5-tins with the smoking kills stickers on them I remove the stickers with a little help from my zippo lighter fluid for removing the stickiness.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
And you would explain the sharp decline in tobacco use is due to, what? Hard to believe all those former smokers and never smokers just succumbed to a universal urge to not use tobacco. I'm betting some of them work some of the time.
seriously it's actually shocking how low smoking rates are now. And not by making it impossible or illegal. But by mainly telling people the bad things that can happen. Almost as if people don't like bad things happening to them.....

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
When you get to the point of “I cannot recall” how many times you made this type of “mistake”, it goes beyond “mistake” or “youthful transgressions” into full on Fetish.????View attachment 117150
I feel sorry for what this government is doing to Canada. I always say that history, the past, is the key to a country's future. I give the example of Spain, in the history of the Catholic Kings. This guy thinks that by painting peace and love on T-shirts, the world will be more rosy. And the crocodiles will become vegetarians.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
You know what Canadian authorities give a crap about is drunk drivers. In 2000 me and a few cigar buddies were on out way to Montreal. They ran my plate and saw my last DUI was in 1981. The pricks wasted my time with all kinds of stupid questions. I came close to telling them to go fuck them selves and put me in touch with the American Embassy. They of course searched my conversion van, didn't find a single empty booze bottle. This shit happened every time we went to Montreal. .We always went through the same entrance and I think they began to recognize me . I kept fucking with them every chance I got, daring them to call my embassy. They never dared.

I have learned that if you have done nothing wrong and have no contraband you can fuck them all over. I learned that in Jamaica when cops tried shaking me down on the road from Montego Bay to Negril. I threatened them with the US embassy as well.

Reactions: JOHN72

Winterreise

Lifer
Oct 21, 2020
Montréal , Québec
I feel sorry for what this government is doing to Canada. I always say that history, the past, is the key to a country's future. I give the example of Spain, in the history of the Catholic Kings. This guy thinks that by painting peace and love on T-shirts, the world will be more rosy. And the crocodiles will become vegetarians.
Canada is UK little puppy’s.

Reactions: JOHN72
H

Hfinn

Well, in general, they are doing everything right, the state or the WHO are obliged to warn about the dangers of smoking.

Let's get this straight. Is the pipe smoking harmful? Yes, definitely it is. Whether it is possible to snatch off a cancer from a pipe smoking - quite to itself. Pipe smoking is as dangerous as cigarettes - less, but not that much. The risks of smoking cigarettes and pipes are about the same.

Another question is how they do it. In my opinion, it would be sufficient to place a warning text about health hazards. After all, each person is able to decide for himself whether to smoke or not. In fact, we see they overdo it. Just look what they are doing.

20220130_114557.jpg

But this question has another side. The argument about the dangers of smoking tobacco or cigarettes spurs on the idea that a pack of cigarettes or a tin of tobacco should become less inaccessible to most people. And consequently, the minimum price of a pack of cigarettes or a tin of pipe tobacco must be no less than XX dollars - and where will the added value go, in whose pocket?

Last edited by a moderator: