PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
How long do you feel is a reasonable time to allow for buyers to pay.
I personally always pay within 24 hours of winning a bid.
i currently have a buyer who has not reaponded to my messages in 3 days.
I have told him if i do not hear from him by 1st October I will cancel the sale and report it to ebay.
Do you feel this is reasonable.Why do people bid and then not pay discounting the astronomical high bid situation some people try ,then back out

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
How long do you feel is a reasonable time to allow for buyers to pay.
I personally always pay within 24 hours of winning a bid.
i currently have a buyer who has not reaponded to my messages in 3 days.
I have told him if i do not hear from him by 1st October I will cancel the sale and report it to ebay.
Do you feel this is reasonable.Why do people bid and then not pay discounting the astronomical high bid situation some people try ,then back out
3 working days to complete the auction is enough

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I remember back when I sold quite a bit on eBay. I would email the winning bidder with payment instructions, which would either be US cash or an International Money Order from the USPS mailed to me. It might take a couple weeks to get paid. This was all before etransfers and PayPal. How times have changed.

• Wow
Reactions: Casual

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Some people get into a worked up craze while bidding and then they win and reality sets in.

When reality sets in they revert back to their shit bag cowardly status and fuck over the seller.

Three days max is what I would wait.

I’m like Cosmic in that if I don’t pay within the hour I feel like a douche. I work extremely hard not to feel like a douche.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
From the X-Files:

The buyer has a minimum of 48 hours within which to pay before you can open an Unpaid Item dispute. eBay will send a reminder to the buyer after 48 hours. If or when you decide to open a UPI dispute, the buyer will then have 96 hours (a full four days) from that moment within which to pay before you can close out the dispute and give the buyer a Nonpayment strike on their record.

1632923205597.jpeg

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
I’ve waited longer for sellers to ship. When I complained, they claimed they had 3 days to ship. I figure if you love fast payment, you should ship when you get your money.
I always ship next day ,unless its a bank holiday or weekend.
Although recently my local Post Office had computer troubles and couldnt process the required paperwork for international parcels for a couple of days

I’ve waited longer for sellers to ship. When I complained, they claimed they had 3 days to ship. I figure if you love fast payment, you should ship when you get your money.
I usually don't care how long a vendor takes. I am patient to a point. But, one time I won a pipe from a seller in the UK, and after a few days, I got an email that he was in Asia and could mail the pipe for a few days. I understood, but then after a few weeks, nothing, just crickets... meanwhile he is still running auctions.
So, I didn't complain, but I did cite the tardiness on my feedback, and you'd thought I was screwing a cat with the caterwauling he started.
I just ignored it, and as always eBay had my ding against him removed. I don't trust that 100% shit they give venders at all. They'll skinny out of a bad ding, mark my words.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
well 4 days have passed and the buyer hasnt replied to my messages so order cancelled.
surely if you decide you dont want to complete the sale it is not hard to reply to the seller and say so.
Most people I am sure would just say ok and cancel the sale.
I couldnt find anywhere to post negative feedback as ebay removes the sold listing when you cancel.
This is why people get 100% feedback scores when they are not 100%

Reactions: Brendan

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Is it just me, or is this type of crap getting to the point of being normal behaviour with a lot of people, in most aspects of life?

Sorry you had to go through that OP, I hope you find a buyer soon, some people are just spiteful shit's.

Reactions: paulfg

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
You would think ebay would have a system in place to take care of this behaviour with 24hrs of winning a bid.
Even perhaps a deposit system, were if you were to have funds ready to go it could take a percentage and automatically deduct it with closing of a sale.

I don't know, I don't do ebay, but it just pisses me off how they pass the buck nowadays.