Used to Love Lane's Burley Lite w/o Bite...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

CANES

Lurker
Aug 28, 2022
Deep South, GA
Hey All,

Just joined up here. Been smoking a pipe off and on for close to 30 years now. I live out in the sticks and it has been at least 20 years since I had a semi-local tobacconist. He was a good one, though, and I got nice Danish freehands and numerous tins and bulk tobacco. One of my old favorites was Lane's Burley Lite without a bite (BLWB). I haven't had it in years and want to try it again- but would prefer not spending shipping charges, etc. My local drugstores, etc. do carry the Smoker's Pride and other stuff (but in the 12oz bags). Are any of them close in taste to the old BLWB? I've smoked the Smoker's Pride Black Cavendish and it's pretty close to Lane's BCA for my taste. Hoping that the Natural/Whiskey/Rum could be a match for BLWB? I could buy it locally and save a few bucks over ordering from P&C or whoever.

Thanks for any help!

EricW.

Last edited by a moderator:

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Hey All,

Just joined up here. Been smoking a pipe off and on for close to 30 years now. I live out in the sticks and it has been at least 20 years since I had a semi-local tobacconist. He was a good one, though, and I got nice Danish freehands and numerous tins and bulk tobacco. One of my old favorites was Lane's Burley Lite without a bite (BLWB). I haven't had it in years and want to try it again- but would prefer not spending shipping charges, etc. My local drugstores, etc. do carry the Smoker's Pride and other stuff (but in the 12oz bags). Are any of them close in taste to the old BLWB? I've smoked the Smoker's Pride Black Cavendish and it's pretty close to Lane's BCA for my taste. Hoping that the Natural/Whiskey/Rum could be a match for BLWB? I could buy it locally and save a few bucks over ordering from P&C or whoever.

Thanks for any help!

EricW.
My least loved “codger blend” is Carter Hall, but this morning as the cock crows and I’m smoking an early morning pipe is one of the times I do love a light, juicy fruit chewing gum flavored burley tobacco.

Try Smoker’s Blend Classic Blend.

F1E27FE7-656D-4307-BB26-329D5362A72C.jpegJust don’t smoke so much of it you start yelling at the neighbor kids to get off your lawn.:)

Reactions: KruegerFlap

Philosopiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2021
You never buy online? There’s usually no shipping cost for orders more than $95 or 99 at the main sites, smokingpipes, pipes and cigars. It’s a great thing, selection and cost -wise.

Reactions: KruegerFlap

CANES

Lurker
Aug 28, 2022
Deep South, GA
You never buy online? There’s usually no shipping cost for orders more than $95 or 99 at the main sites, smokingpipes, pipes and cigars. It’s a great thing, selection and cost -wise.
Oh sure I do. But usually wait for a free shipping deal or something. I don't order a hundred bucks of stuff at a time. I know Lane makes the Smoker's Pride stuff, and people have said that their Black Cavendish was basically Lane's BCA, so I was just hoping for one of their other brands to be a ringer for BLWB that I could pick up locally.