PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
Ill add one more although all are excellent recommendations especially @MattRVA and @VDL_Piper ’s advice with Telegraph Hill and Deluxe Navy Rolls as both of those are just top notch blends and are almost impossible to find anything better. This one isn’t better but it’s darn fine and a little different “Sutliff 1849” should be included especially with its price point!

TampaPete

Lurker
Jul 7, 2023
Tampa, FL
A bunch of great recommendations added to my wish list, thanks everyone!
I have an order arriving today with some PS 400 and C&D Bayou Morning. Will report back soon!

Jun 23, 2019
A bunch of great recommendations added to my wish list, thanks everyone!
I have an order arriving today with some PS 400 and C&D Bayou Morning. Will report back soon!

If you want something a little sweeter and have a little more body, try the Luxe Bullseye Flake too. Also Stokkebye makes a Evening Flake that's a slightly more premium PS400.

If you're not opposed to a touch of burley, something like Old Joe Krantz and Three Friars are worth trying.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'm not aware of DNR being available in 8oz bulk, though, which was a criterion. If we're talking 2oz, the field widens considerably - SG's Cabbies is top of my list, followed by St James Flake and the Plug version ( which resembles DNR on interstellar overdrive, imho).
No "VaPer recommendations" thread is complete without St James Flake! 👍

8oz boxes are technically available, but it's a commitment in effort and $ to get one, kind of a gamble if he doesn't end up liking it. I'd suggest the OP snag a 50g tin first to get a taste. (Until/unless it becomes a lot easier to acquire, I save mine for special occasions.)

BingBong

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
No "VaPer recommendations" thread is complete without St James Flake! 👍

8oz boxes are technically available, but it's a commitment in effort and $ to get one, kind of a gamble if he doesn't end up liking it. I'd suggest the OP snag a 50g tin first to get a taste. (Until/unless it becomes a lot easier to acquire, I save mine for special occasions.)
Ah, availability. In the UK, none of the SG blends with perique were available for a few months, then suddenly fresh supply emerged. I assume it's seasonal. I was gagging for them, the wait was eternal, and even DNR seemed temporarily gone - everything arrived within a couple of weeks of eachother and I filled my boots.

I revisited St James Flake this afternoon, it had been a few weeks in a jar. Very, very pleasant.

geoffs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2022
Ontario
Doblone D'Oro is an all-timer for me. I crave it often. It's got the sweetness and spiciness of a good vaper with the depth and edge of a burley. Hits all the notes for me.
And you can't go wrong with any of the Rattray's VaPers. I'll take HOTW but OG and BC are both also excellent.
The Rattray's are available in bulk and the price of the Savinelli is very competitive with bulk tobaccos.

Reactions: TampaPete