PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

TheWhale13

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
Title edited for capitalization. -jpm

I am simply wondering if any of you have some tips about what blend of Virginia or VaPer has the (to you) strongest nicotine content?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jpmcwjr and kcghost

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
BTW, Virginias actually have a lot of nicotine in them. In some instances maybe more than burleys. But, the problem is that the acidity prevents it's absorption through the small blood vessels of the mouth and sinuses.
which means eating certain foods before hand can make you get a kick of nicotine you did not expect. Or if you use that baking soda toothpaste (which neutralizes PH in either direction).

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not very susceptible to nicotine, don't have cravings when I lay off the pipe for a few days. But I think Russ Ouellette's blend Fire Storm, which is Va/Per with dark fired as a condiment, might have sufficient nic.

Reactions: redglow

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Gawith Dark Plug XX is probably the strongest Virginia blend i've smoked. Even with a 9mm filter it's still a very powerful tobacco that I will only smoke after a meal and in a pipe with a small bowl.
I was going to say that darker ones tend to have more nic. For example dark twist provides more of a nic punch then Capstan or Yorktown. So maybe look for dark and red Vas

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Gawith Hogarth & Co. Black Irish Twist, the rope cut, has substantial nicotine and is all Virginia. I think their Brown rope cut has even a little more. You have to order when you find it, because it is often out-of-stock. I bought some from SP recently, but I think it may be out-of-stock again.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
GLP Triple Play plug is Virginia based, with dark fired, and has a lot of nic.