PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HopHand

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2021
Montrose Colorado
Does anybody have any information, reviews, thoughts or opinions on VOLKAN and Paronelli Pipes? I probably should've asked before I ordered 3 but at a discounted 35-55$ I figured it was worth the gamble. Only now I've fallen in love with one in the 200$ range. Just want to double check with you experts that the price reflects the quality on these lady's. I just love love love the bright colors these two brothers are using if they are high quality I want to add a bunch to my collection. The pictures make them look stunning.

HopHand

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2021
Montrose Colorado
I got it for £75 which was an absolute bargain. A real shame?
They seem to be masters at the great bargain.
All the ones I have coming I got by counter offering the starting offer they sent me with what I figured was an insane low offer in an attempt to simply open the lines of communication and start haggling. They accepted them all except one which they only raised 5$. I was and still am a little shocked at the price they let them go for. All three under 125$ or according to Google £93.

Reactions: BROBS and jewman22

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Reactions: BROBS
Jun 9, 2018
England
They seem to be masters at the great bargain.
All the ones I have coming I got by counter offering the starting offer they sent me with what I figured was an insane low offer in an attempt to simply open the lines of communication and start haggling. They accepted them all except one which they only raised 5$. I was and still am a little shocked at the price they let them go for. All three under 125$ or according to Google £93.
Because they're selling direct to the public through ebay it must keep the prices down. I've seen them on UK a tobacconist's website before and they were much more expensive.

jewman22

Lifer
Apr 2, 2021
Ontario Canada
My first arrived last week, basically a Savinelli 320KS clone. Smokes well, but the stem is not overly well done. Not very smooth. Not enough to show up on camera but noticeable in the right light. Rustication is well done, smokes well.
Got 3 more in the mail yet to arrive. Got good deals on them, around 50$ a piece after they accepted my low ball offers.
Here's my author:
AntiquaAuthor2.jpg

HopHand

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2021
Montrose Colorado
My first arrived last week, basically a Savinelli 320KS clone. Smokes well, but the stem is not overly well done. Not very smooth. Not enough to show up on camera but noticeable in the right light. Rustication is well done, smokes well.
Got 3 more in the mail yet to arrive. Got good deals on them, around 50$ a piece after they accepted my low ball offers.
Here's my author:
View attachment 110099
Good looking pipe it's encouraging you enjoy it as I also 4 on the way. Actually just ordered one state side just simply so I could get one in hand. I'm impatient.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Here's my author:
View attachment 110099
Shame about the stem work. On the two I purchased it was spot on and neither were expensive. Nice looking pipe?.

Reactions: BROBS and jewman22

Ag®o

Lifer
Nov 14, 2021
Italy
Sorry I'm not familiar with the term "First price" but glad to hear they are a value that should smoke well.
Forgive me, it is I who must learn that certain idioms are limited only to my country.
"First price" is like your "entry level" , and I am not saying at all that they are bad pipes. Considering excluding stall pipes, basket pipes, and low-cost lacquered Asian pipes for sale on the web, those who want a pipe that smokes well with harmonious lines and finishes without having to spend a lot, is directed to pipes of this type. Pipes that maintain a certain quality on the materials used. To give other examples from my country, industrial manufacturers such as Savinelli and Brebbia have the first smoke kit on their list which is around $ 60. The range of the Volkan seems to me to be (full price) from $ 60 to $ 130.

Toast

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 15, 2021
UK
I've bought two & not been impressed by either sale. One was a meerschaum which was just incredibly badly designed. I wasn't impressed by their response or the fact that they continued selling the same faulty design after the issue had been pointed out.

The other was sent to the wrong address & I had to fight a bit to get my money back.

At that price point I think there are better options.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I've bought two & not been impressed by either sale. One was a meerschaum which was just incredibly badly designed. I wasn't impressed by their response or the fact that they continued selling the same faulty design after the issue had been pointed out.

The other was sent to the wrong address & I had to fight a bit to get my money back.

At that price point I think there are better options.
What do you feel are better options at Volkan's price point? I'm in the market for a quality, briar pipe at a value price.

Reactions: BROBS and HopHand

SoulStation

Lurker
Oct 2, 2021
Eastern KS
I've bought one that's looks good from a distance, but they let the stain on the rusticated bowl bleed onto the stem. Poor attention to detail. I told the seller, and he apologized. It smokes great though.