PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Alright, I've contemplated making this post for a long time. I want to treat myself to an experience, a one-time thing.

I am aware the offer price is ~15-30% lower than 4noggins prices today, so please don't point it out. Not intending to flip, trade or save.

I'd like to buy a tin (50g) each of Dark Star and St James Woods, offering $150 per tin, and shipping to be to Switzerland (will cover the P&P cost, of course). Age is unimportant, beggars can't be choosers, but would have preference for newer tins than old ones as my experience with very old tobacco has been sketchy.

Anyone willing to make this trade please PM me.

Cheers!

P.S given this forum tends to be extraordinarily generous I have a slight worry that maybe many people will come forth, so if that's the case I'd probably do a coin toss. @jpmcwjr hope I'm not busting any rules here.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
4nogs prices are EXORBITANT. At your asking price I wouldn't be surprised if you get quick action.

I might also suggest the Butera Dark Stoved as a similar blend to DarkStar. Same process, just slightly different Virginias. I like it better,

Also, when it comes to McClelland blends, age has never presented an issue for me. It's rare to see age related problems from them - and the non-Latakia blends only get better.

All just my opinions,
Hope you get what youre looking for.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
4nogs prices are EXORBITANT. At your asking price I wouldn't be surprised if you get quick action.

I might also suggest the Butera Dark Stoved as a similar blend to DarkStar. Same process, just slightly different Virginias. I like it better,

Also, when it comes to McClelland blends, age has never presented an issue for me. It's rare to see age related problems from them - and the non-Latakia blends only get better.

All just my opinions,
Hope you get what youre looking for.
+I for the Butera version. It’s a slight change in the balance from Dark Star, and it’s an improvement.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I've moved this to Tobacco Discussion, as the discussion is a good one, and hope it continues.

Karam- This means your post in WTT is gone. Suggest you make a much shorter one there, simply outlining what you want and will pay.

Best of luck hunting!

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I've never tried St. James Woods, so I can't speak to that, but I have had Dark Star, and it was an excellent tobacco. In my opinion anyway. I wish I had acquired more before it was all gone.

Good luck with your request.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
I've moved this to Tobacco Discussion, as the discussion is a good one, and hope it continues.

Karam- This means your post in WTT is gone. Suggest you make a much shorter one there, simply outlining what you want and will pay.

Best of luck hunting!
Cheers, I am not sure there's much of a conversation to go on though, I am in contact with a few members who reached out :)

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Let me try to help you, and hopefully you won't have to pay anything like what you're estimating. I have lots of Dark Star to gift you though I'm not sure where I'd find St James Woods, though admittedly I haven't looked til now.