PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Another thread brought up old 50's Sci-Fi classics, so I thought I'd share the WARNER BROS. ARCHIVE. They have old movies that don't have enough demand to release in stores, but they are willing to make them on demand for individuals who want them.
Check it out. My hope is all the major companies do this so we can get some great films which may not be everyone's cup o' tea.
Enjoy!
-Jason

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Thanks for the link; I really get a kick out of the "B" movies. "Plan 9 From Outer Space" is one of my favorites. Ed Wood was the worst director ever, which made his movies great IMHO.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I have NEVER watched "Plan 9 From Outer Space" all the way through. I've fallen asleep EVERY time! I've tried damn near 20 times, at different times of the day, never made it through. I think "This Island Earth" has got to be up there in the bad movie category.
-Jason

searock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2010
THIS ISLAND EARTH in the bad move category? Bite your tongue! I've loved that flick since I saw it when it first came out.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
:laughat:
searock said: Bite your tongue! I've loved that flick since I saw it when it first came out.
Sorry! I enjoy old Sci-Fi films, even the "bad" ones. Cheesy music scores, bad acting, makes for a fun night of laughter. As a fan of the Sci-Fi genre, I appreciate what the "classics" did for more recent Sci-Fi films, but looking back at them now, like many things, they look a bit silly. This true except pipes... The "classic" styles of old are still popular today. Why is that?
-Jason

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
You all inspired me some, gonna download that 1982 film, Swamp Thing. When I was a kid it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen on film. But I never dare watch the original movie, "The Elephant Man". It's the only movie that has ever truly freaked me out. I felt so sorry for that guy, I hid on the stairs and cried. I was like 7 years old. Saw the movie once and remember details to that film to this day. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.