PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
For example, @Pipelady20 got a warning point for I have no idea what and it looks like there is not any way to appeal.

Oh, yeah. After that thread was locked and Admin posted a reply smacking down the OP and the first reply, I went back to the first page to look at the OP and the first response to see what he was referring to...and was extremely confused myself. Like, the actual “fighting” didn’t start until several posts in, and the first reply to the OP from Pipelady20 seemed rather innocuous. I’m guessing Admin meant to refer to the people who were actively trading jabs downthread.

Aug 1, 2012
Oh, yeah. After that thread was locked and Admin posted a reply smacking down the OP and the first reply, I went back to the first page to look at the OP and the first response to see what he was referring to...and was extremely confused myself. Like, the actual “fighting” didn’t start until several posts in, and the first reply to the OP from Pipelady20 seemed rather innocuous. I’m guessing Admin meant to refer to the people who were actively trading jabs downthread.
I think that may be the case but as it is, a reply of "well I hope that makes the car cheaper" is considered "colossally stupid" and worthy of a warning point.

EDIT: The thread did get rather ridiculous and should have been shut down.

Reactions: Pipelady20

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
I think that may be the case but as it is, a reply of "well I hope that makes the car cheaper" is considered "colossally stupid" and worthy of a warning point.

Well, I like giving people the benefit of the doubt and not jumping straight to “malice” as a motive, so “he’s talking about somebody else” made more sense to me than “the very idea of cheaper Bentleys really rustles Admin’s jimmies something fierce”.

Aug 1, 2012
Well, I like giving people the benefit of the doubt and not jumping straight to “malice” as a motive, so “he’s talking about somebody else” made more sense to me than “the very idea of cheaper Bentleys really rustles Admin’s jimmies something fierce”.
I didn't jump straight to malice, I took the comment on it's face. If you're going to "name and shame" I would assume you would make sure to choose the right target. Nobody likes to be put up as the bad guy for something innocuous and as a person put in charge of people I make damn sure of my target before letting fly with my words before I let them go. In the other position, I do the honorable thing and apologize, I've had to humble myself many times due to mistakes which has lead to many great conversations with those who got caught in the middle.

Reactions: mawnansmiff

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
As a person who was told by a mod that he had nothing good to say and wasn't wanted here anymore and should just leave, I don't trust this system as it leaves it to this mod's discretion whether I remain. It leaves it open to targeting which people do whether or not it's right. That's human nature.

Of course this is the @admin playground so he decides who uses the swings and the slides but I wish there was at least a way to defend ourselves if we do something unintentionally. For example, @Pipelady20 got a warning point for I have no idea what and it looks like there is not any way to appeal.

Oh boy, here we go again. Once again I must implore people to work on their reading comprehension.

First: Nobody told you that "you had nothing good to say".

Second: You were never told that you were not wanted here anymore. You were told that if you didn't like the rules and don't agree with them that you can leave.

Stop misquoting people, exaggerating, and basically lying.

Here is the thread that it happened in as proof:

This post specifically:

You have received no warnings, your posts have not been deleted, and you have not been banned.

Seeing as you still seem to have a problem, I STILL stand by my previous statement in that thread.

You say that "there were no pot shots", well I have proof from previous posts from you in other threads. A little tip of advice. Be careful of what you post on the internet, it is there forever

I am not going to defend myself anymore. If you want to play the victim, that is fine. But if you keep pushing me, you won't have to worry about leaving the site voluntarily.

Also, just a note, pipelady20 never received any points. So stop being presumptuous. You don't know as much as you think that you do.

Reactions: admin
Aug 1, 2012
Oh boy, here we go again. Once again I must implore people to work on their reading comprehension.

First: Nobody told you that "you had nothing good to say".

Second: You were never told that you were not wanted here anymore. You were told that if you didn't like the rules and don't agree with them that you can leave.

Stop misquoting people, exaggerating, and basically lying.

Here is the thread that it happened in as proof:

This post specifically:

You have received no warnings, your posts have not been deleted, and you have not been banned.

Seeing as you still seem to have a problem, I STILL stand by my previous statement in that thread.

You say that "there were no pot shots", well I have proof from previous posts from you in other threads. A little tip of advice. Be careful of what you post on the internet, it is there forever

I am not going to defend myself anymore. If you want to play the victim, that is fine. But if you keep pushing me, you won't have to worry about leaving the site voluntarily.

Also, just a note, pipelady20 never received any points. So stop being presumptuous. You don't know as much as you think that you do.

You're right, you said, and the admin loved, that nobody here would miss me...classy.

Pipelady20

Can't Leave
Apr 17, 2020
East coast, USA
www.pipesmagazine.com
As a person who was told by a mod that he had nothing good to say and wasn't wanted here anymore and should just leave, I don't trust this system as it leaves it to this mod's discretion whether I remain. It leaves it open to targeting which people do whether or not it's right. That's human nature.

Of course this is the @admin playground so he decides who uses the swings and the slides but I wish there was at least a way to defend ourselves if we do something unintentionally. For example, @Pipelady20 got a warning point for I have no idea what and it looks like there is not any way to appeal.
So im confused. When did I get a warning point, and for what? I'm lost as to what's going on. Can the moderators update me? @admin

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
So im confused. When did I get a warning point, and for what? I'm lost as to what's going on. Can the moderators update me? @admin
I think you’re all good, sounds like it was a misunderstanding and he meant someone else. You seem to be a very cordial and positive contributor to the forum, so you have nothing to worry about.

Aug 1, 2012
Kevin wrote in a recent thread linked below "Colossally stupid OP that generated a colossally stupid first response."

You were the first response so that indicated you got a warning point. That's why I was confused/concerned.

Reactions: Pipelady20

Magpiety

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2019
Kansas City
Kevin wrote in a recent thread linked below "Colossally stupid OP that generated a colossally stupid first response."

You were the first response so that indicated you got a warning point. That's why I was confused/concerned.

"First response" likely meant the first response targeting the OP, which was the third post in the thread. I think this is evidenced by no posting by that user in the last 24 hours. Either way, I highly doubt it was Pipelady20, she's never anything short of polite on here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.