PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse, but there's an Irish pub a block from my church. (Maybe it was the luck of the Irish that landed me in this parish.)... Anyway, Wednesdays I usually eat lunch over there and it's fantastic. It occurred to me today to share with you guys today my usual meal.

It's a fully dressed pub burger with provolone, a slab of corned beef on top & a dollop of horseradish. Dubbed the Danny Greene*, and nearly as tough to take down as he was. I usually get it with a side of sweet potato fries.

On Sundays I head there after services have concluded for a full Irish breakfast, but here's a shot of the burger.

1000007599.jpg1000007600.jpg

*Danny Greene was an infamous figure in Cleveland history and the subject of the 2011 film Kill the Irishman starring Ray Stevenson. He's still something of a folk hero in the local Irish-American neighborhoods around here.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I threw Pig Candy at the child so I could assemble some Italian cold cut subs for part of the week's lunches.

Pig Candy: bacon wrapped smokies topped with brown sugar and baked. Mine had jalapeños on them before the sugar shower.

Subs: provolone, smoked ham and turkey, salami, pepperoni, roasted red peppers, red onion, mild peppers, and fresh mozzarella with a splash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and a sprinkle of salt, cracked pepper, and oregano.

20240310_121803.jpg

20240310_124852.jpg

Reactions: fireground_piper

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I had some chicken tortilla soup I made a few weeks back. I have a giant stand up freezer in the basement, so I generally make big batches of soup and freeze a bunch. I made it with a base of chicken stock, and put several dried guajillo, ancho, and arbol chiles in to simmer. After about 10 minutes I took the chiles out and into a blender with a bit of stock. After I puréed them, I put them back in the soup. I used chicken thighs, and shredded them after they’d simmered for 25 minutes or so. Garnished the bowl with cilantro, avocado and some queso fresco.

Reactions: The Amish Tyrant