PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
Let's see if we can get back to posting some of the foods we've been cooking.

Also, feel free to post up photos of it.

Tonight I had some home made Salisbury Steak and mashed potatoes. Sorry, no photos of it.
Home made Salisbury Steak sounds good. I've only ever had the TV dinner version. I'll have to try making some.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I've never heard of a Salisbury Steak but I suspect it's delicious.

I plan on having a light meal tonight, just grilled garlic & coriander pitta breads stuffed with grated mature cheddar with a few dashes of Tabasco (green) sauce followed by a dish if big fat strawberries ?

Regards,

Jay.?

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Pork roast with cabbage/taters/carrots ! Delish...
6Kb3EEw.jpg

Gvmj70F.jpg

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Regards my above post, Wendel's chicken, cabbage & noodle soup is unlike anything I have tasted, at home or in an eastern restaurant. She clearly has her own method and spice recipe.

Her husband once told me she eats chicken feet ? as is the custom apparently in the Philippines, and I have to confess the first time I was served her signature soup I had to hunt around for any chicken feet......suffice to say I found nothing but succulent chicken meat ?

Regards,

Jay.?

Ctbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2019
CT & VT
Summer meal here tonight!
Swordfish steaks, with olive oil, lemon & garlic.
Rice with butter (and a pour of the above oil, lemon, garlic)
Heirloom tomatoes & cucumber salad in olive oil, red wine vinegar, and a dash of Italian seasoning...
Paired with a Bitburger Pils!
Just awesome, and only took 20 minutes...???

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
When I was a kid we used to have pig brains with scrambled eggs on Sunday mornings...?

My dad used to eat that all the time when he was younger. He made me eat it one time when I was on a hunting trip with him when I was like 14.

I freaked out and said I wasn't going to eat it, which he promptly replied, "Eat it or your not eating anything" :ROFLMAO:. So I put it on bread and covered it in mustard.

I wish it had happened later in life after I became more adventurous with trying different foods. But you know how stubborn kids can be ?.

Good times! I miss my dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.