PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I was watching a French movie called "An Easy Girl" the other day, yeah some sexy nudity etc. but what I noticed was the sound track. Old jazz, and one of the main characters was a 16 yo. girl named Naima. A guy mentioned while the music was playing that the song was written with her name. I thought, yeah, I remember a Coltrane piece by the same name. So I dug out the album and sure enough, one of my favorite pieces by Coltrane was named Naima. Leave it to the foreign films to come up with a detail like that! That got me on the track of another wonderful saxophone recording by Ben Webster and Sweets Edison. This is one of the best recordings of some jazz sax I've ever heard, and had forgotten about. Wow, what fun! TMI? Yeah, I talk too much...
9FB0CA51-D578-4FCC-9815-B5CC901EE46C_1_201_a.jpeg

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Listening now to CocoRosie (saw them live in Athens, many years ago...):

Christos, you have posted a couple of unique musical groups that I have never heard of before, but then there are probably a lot of musical groups I might not know about. These however, are very different in their sound and music, and I appreciate that, I like different, it's what makes life interesting. Thanks for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.