Status
Not open for further replies.

milk

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
Onto my second bowl )back-to-back) of Sillem’s Black

On the 2nd of 2 Moretti Rhodesians - the morta

I had emailed Marco (Moretti pipe maker) to request a Bulldog.
He sent me photos of these 2 pipes.
I couldn’t make up my mind and got them both
While awaiting the Bulldog with a horn stem which I commissioned

View attachment 219107
Sillem’s Black is a crossover English/aromatic blend

The Latakia is muted in the briar and it smokes more like an aromatic

In the morta the Latakia is at once “brighter”,
more noticeable and to the fore. Very interestingView attachment 219108
I’m really interested in this product and thinking of getting it, which is no easy matter living in Japan. I have to risk a customs charge. I’m leaning towards yes. Honestly, I sometimes still have trouble smoking aros - avoiding bite. I’m wondering if this behaves itself more like an English blend or what. I have the same question about Edward G. This may be the wrong place for the question. Great looking pipes!!

isaac liu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 30, 2022
China wuhan
I’m really interested in this product and thinking of getting it, which is no easy matter living in Japan. I have to risk a customs charge. I’m leaning towards yes. Honestly, I sometimes still have trouble smoking aros - avoiding bite. I’m wondering if this behaves itself more like an English blend or what. I have the same question about Edward G. This may be the wrong place for the question. Great looking pipes!!
Crossover English/aromatic blend are basically English blends with a slightly aromatic flavor, they won't bite.

milk

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
Crossover English/aromatic blend are basically English blends with a slightly aromatic flavor, they won't bite.
Wonderful! Much appreciated. It's worth sending for. Many mainstream blends are available in Japan but there are simply no crossover blends like this available here for the general smoker. - not even one in Japan. You would think there would be one from Dan, Macbaren, Samuel Gawaith, Rattray, Pease, Dunhill/Peterson, etc., that found its way into the mainstream over the years, but no. Nada. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.