PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking D&R Penhooker Silver in a straight smooth brown undated Pre-Republic Peterson Shamrock 263 Canadian with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite p-lip stem. Working and listening to the MLB talk on the XM.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Shamrock.jpg

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
After completing a book cover this afternoon, getting it approved, and doing a couple hours of backbreaking yardwork shoveling gravel and dirt, I’ve taken a much needed shower and am going to relax with some Capstan Original Navy Cut Flake in a French Figural pipe stamped only with “Vieille Bruyère” on the shank; it has a natural horn stem—I was drawn to this pipe because the face had so much character and has the feel of a caricature. I don’t know if this is a specific person depicted, but because I happen to be a caricaturist, this pipe appealed to me more than a lot of figural pipes I’ve come across. Close attention was paid to the anatomy of the ear, which impressed me. If anyone knows if someone specific was depicted, please let me know.

View attachment 165120
I love that image, it's fantastic...............

Status
Not open for further replies.