PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Jupiter Slices in a post WW2 Pre-Republic Peterson made in Dublin straight smooth X155 Bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. This is the model Nigel Bruce smoked two Sherlock Holmes movies.
Peterson_PWW2_Bulldog_XL155.jpg

reloader

Lifer
Dec 5, 2021
Southern, NM
Enjoying some Sutliff Old Professor in an estate pipe I was gifted a few years ago. I'm unsure of the make of this one. "LIFETIME imported briar" on the pipe and a stamp with the letter "R". Not sure if "LIFETIME" was a brand or a guarantee of quality...
View attachment 126115
You can go to this site and scroll down to the encircled R and see if the logo on the stem matches any listed. Might help identify the maker. Pipes : Encircled letter - http://www.pipephil.eu/logos/en/lettres/le-encercle-lettre.html

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Good afternoon guys. After a nice lunch, and keeping the quarantine at home, although every now and then I go for a walk. Today I start with the first tobacco. I decided to smoke something sweet and mild. mb: Virginia Flake, an open can from a few months ago, the tobacco is ready to rub and smoke directly. Perfect humidity for me.Accompanied by a hot tea of red fruits, lemon and honey. And I filled up to the eyebrows a MM General. I couldn't wait to smoke, for God's sake. I wish you a happy day..View attachment 126031
Glad to hear you are feeling better. Getting outside will help a great deal. Now for the sake of God, grow back the beard. No te pareses Espanol sin la barba...lol

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This may get me to dinner time.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
@Trainpipeman thank you ? The LNER was the local railway company here in the 1923 Grouping. Here in the village we still have an intact engine shed as well as a water tower. Sir Nigel Gresley’s designed Pacific’s A1/3/4 were popular engines here on the Waverley Line. My Great Uncle Davey Wilson was a driver, starting as a cleaner and working his way up. He started with the North British, then the LNER and finally retiring with British Railways. My late father Thor beside arguably the most famous steam locomotive in the world, when she visited the Waverley Line.
Happy smokes
Garry
View attachment 126061

Is this your Uncle or Father in the pic? Since you mentioned both...

Status
Not open for further replies.