PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
I usually only smoke one bowl a day, but today I wanted another. Had some Old Toby in a MM Morgan. Really enjoy that every once in a while, but it needs drying out. Dried it 3 hours before it stayed lit for me. I'm thinking of drying the whole jar full overnight. What do y'all think, will I lose too much of the aromatics by drying it that long?

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I usually only smoke one bowl a day, but today I wanted another. Had some Old Toby in a MM Morgan. Really enjoy that every once in a while, but it needs drying out. Dried it 3 hours before it stayed lit for me. I'm thinking of drying the whole jar full overnight. What do y'all think, will I lose too much of the aromatics by drying it that long?
Maybe dry what you think you might need for the next day or two? I'm not sure drying out the whole jar makes good sense. While you can rehydrate tobacco, I've found it better to maintain original moisture if possible.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Get this…. an hour after I get the new drier hooked up. A knock at the door, and a guy with a new drier is standing there. I think two driers? Maybe a mistake at the appliance store? No, my step son in talking with Mrs Cosmic, decides he wants a new drier for his loft downtown. So, he has one delivered here. I tried to pay the guys to deliver it to his loft, but they can’t, out of zone or whatever. My step son drives an Audi, so “I” have to deliver it. Up two fucking flights of stairs!
Ha ha, so, we saved like dollars in delivery, which will be good to cover my chiropractor’s copay.

Cosmic’s Folklore (ha ha) in Cosmic’s cuttlebone banded pipe.

Meanwhile, I got a couple getting married next week, and their bands are just grains of metal and a bag of rocks waiting for me on my bench. I need more hours in the damn day!
View attachment 126620
I'm digging Folklore. I think its going to age beautifully.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of KBV Barista Meditation beta test in a 2003 medium bent Ural meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl with a brown pearl acrylic saddle stem. Going to make pizza for m'lady and me next. See ya later!
URAL_Etched_Egg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.