PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Some time ago I ran across a NIB Peterson Original Sherlock Holmes and have been holding off. Very recently I made the mistake of opening a SP email and getting lured into buying a Junior Watson. Some more stuff kind of Dublin related to mess around with this morning so it seemed like a good time for first runs for these. The older one just needed a little bit of wiping and one wipe of sandpaper, the newer one needed more work, lol, about ten applications of warm water/scrunched paper towel pieces/good twisting and a then a little sandpaper (a black mess). Yes, the stain and/or coatings are probably okay to leave on, but less than 5 minutes each and pristine bowls (and no hidden flaws). Boswell's Honey Roast and Mac Baren Vanilla Roll Cake are up - I was going to go with a Scottish/English for these but just don't seem like a way to ease into the day. Posting both now so I can focus for the next couple of hours!

6A41E6FD-527A-45BC-ADED-AAA4FC706514_1_201_a.jpeg

20830CAE-A123-42FD-90A8-5820B35970D0_1_201_a.jpeg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Cracked open another Esoterica tin - This time a tin of Pembroke purchased September 2017.

I was not sure what pipe to smoke this in as I don’t smoke English aromatic often - Finally chose a Markus Fohr Old German Clay Cutty With Vulcanite stem

View attachment 126652
@cshubhra Nice pipe; I've got 2 like yours. Nothing like a clay!
Nearly finished my tin of Gawith Hoggarth Black Cherry ?; something about Gawith tobacco in a clay pipe - and old Samuel smoked one himself!
Maybe that's why clay pipes and Gawith tobacco are well suited to each other; can you imagine how many clay pipes have been smoked with Gawith tobacco over the years???

Status
Not open for further replies.