PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
05F023A7-0810-42F7-842B-AE1197BD0FD9.jpeg
Six panel Marxman with aluminum band and black saddle stem. This pipe’s bit was repaired by me awhile back when I snapped it. I had it cleaned up afterwards by Briarville and the bit smoothed out so the repair is now nearly invisible. A lot of effort to salvage a cheap little pipe; but the piece is so interesting, and it smokes so well, now I wouldn’t part with it. Cult Blood Red Moon sits in the chamber.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Would that be a Brough Superior, if so do you have any pictures? One of the most beautiful bikes ever produced imo.
You are correct. I had a 1936 SS80 which was the one with the Matchless MX/80 engine. I also owned a Brough Superior 680 with the Bentley and Draper frame and Castle forks as well as a Matchless G3LS from 1954 which is in storage. I have posted pictures on here before and I will see if I have any on this computer. They are indeed beautiful bikes but the brakes leave an awful lot to be desired. George Brough was a fantastic salesman who build a bike composed of the best bits of everyone else's bikes. Norton clutch and gearbox, Royal Enfield rear sprocket and Cush drive, JAP and then Matchless engines. The tanks were made from god knows how many pieces of tin and then soldered together and were very much the weak link on a very robust creation.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
They came free with the 2021 Peterson Christmas pipes from Smkinpipes.com. Smokingipes.eu gave away Sherlock tampers with every Peterson they sold in late December too.
Thanks. I own 4 of the Sherlock Holmes series pipes, and the new 2021 POTY 4AB. One of those pipe stands would be a sweet addition. I'm gonna contact Peterson to find out how to score one.

Status
Not open for further replies.