PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
You are correct. I had a 1936 SS80 which was the one with the Matchless MX/80 engine. I also owned a Brough Superior 680 with the Bentley and Draper frame and Castle forks as well as a Matchless G3LS from 1954 which is in storage. I have posted pictures on here before and I will see if I have any on this computer. They are indeed beautiful bikes but the brakes leave an awful lot to be desired. George Brough was a fantastic salesman who build a bike composed of the best bits of everyone else's bikes. Norton clutch and gearbox, Royal Enfield rear sprocket and Cush drive, JAP and then Matchless engines. The tanks were made from god knows how many pieces of tin and then soldered together and were very much the weak link on a very robust creation.
I haven’t had a bike in years but a young lad down the street has recently sold his BSA Bantam, I almost brought it as my first ever bike was a Bantam. However my 6’4”, 210 lb frame might look a little out of proportion on one these days. I’d love a Brough or Vincent but unfortunately they’re beyond my budget, one day maybe.... ???

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Gawith Hoggarth & Co.: Brown Bogie in a Meer...​

OpeRgDy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost a third of the way through the last of my open stash of Ken Byron Ventures Jupiter Slices in a post WW2 Pre-Republic Peterson made in Dublin straight smooth X155 Bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. This is the model Nigel Bruce smoked two Sherlock Holmes movies. Please tell Smoking Pipes and Peterson that you want them bring this model back if you're interested in getting one.
Peterson_PWW2_Bulldog_XL155.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.