PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Good morning everyone. Woke up the past couple mornings with a serious frog in the throat, so I'm not real enthused about my morning pipe like normal. I'll be heading out in awhile and I'll have a meer loaded with Old Dominion and I'll sip on it and see how it goes. I may or may not finish it. My order of nasal snuff arrived yesterday from across the pond and that's always nice this time of year, when the cold temps take their toll.

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
I managed to pass both tests :) - walked that cup all the way. Definitely had some nerves, but happy they're done and dusted.

Back home after dinner (fried chicken and a side of egg and cress salad which was a rare treat). Now settling in with a nice brandy to warm me up along with some Semois in a Savinelli Punto Oro Zulu (413KS).
View attachment 123117
Congratulations buddy! Great accomplishment sir!

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
RB Plug in a Winston.
Not the best of starts to my pipesmoking day, having dropped & broken one of my cherished pipes, a Mountbatten billiard.
Still, a bad start makes for a good finish as they say. With the pipe in bits on the floor, got straight on the blower to my tobacconist & promptly ordered a Peterson de-luxe. Should be here tomorrow (touch wood) & I'll be smoking it after the mornings breakfast of tea & crumpets.
image.jpeg

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
RB Plug in a Winston.
Not the best of starts to my pipesmoking day, having dropped & broken one of my cherished pipes, a Mountbatten billiard.
Still, a bad start makes for a good finish as they say. With the pipe in bits on the floor, got straight on the blower to my tobacconist & promptly ordered a Peterson de-luxe. Should be here tomorrow (touch wood) & I'll be smoking it after the mornings breakfast of tea & crumpets.
View attachment 123207
Sorry to hear about the Mountbatten.But, I like that you didn’t miss a beat and ordered yourself a new Pete immediately!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
GLP Barbary Coast, a newly opened tin of this cube cut burley based blend with Virginia as a condiment, a dash of perique, and brandy flavoring, thoroughly tobacco forward, first smoke in my brand new Savinelli Pannocchia 606 KS bent billiard. I like the carved rustication of cob-like corn kernels, the thin green band, and the bright yellow (corn theme again) stem. I traded in three pipes I didn't smoke toward store credit with SP for this one. I wanted something lively that was different from most of my pipes. The briar is unfinished so will color with time, a favorite process of mine, and the chamber is uncoated!

UncleRasta

Lifer
Sep 26, 2019
Monterey, CA
I really want to try Habana Daydream. What do you think of it?
I like Seersucker and Country Lawyer quite a bit and I’ve experimented with cigar leaf in my own little mixtures. Next time I place a tobacco order I’m going to try to stock up on cigar blends.
I like Habana Daydream so far. I'm only about 3 bowls in though. I'm a cigar blends newbie having started with Country Lawyer a month or two ago. I liked CL enough to continue the exploration.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
I like Habana Daydream so far. I'm only about 3 bowls in though. I'm a cigar blends newbie having started with Country Lawyer a month or two ago. I liked CL enough to continue the exploration.
Like you I’m pretty new to cigar blends. I first got into them this past summer. I’m looking forward to exploring a new genre.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.