Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
You’re asking about Pipes and Customs?

Hmm, I wouldn’t really know, I assume it might be better than tobacco, but hopefully someone will see this and give an answer... 🤔
@PipeIT The Cavaliers & Roundheads' baccy in the 1640s would probably have come from Jamestown. Might take some of the 1792 Flake to Nantwich this month - I can't ask a musketeer to light the clay with his match cord due to the explosion risk. Sealed Knot rule is no smoking on the battlefield!
I bet the Jamestown site is full of broken clays:)

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Sutliff States of Virginia in a Radice Rind Straight.

Getting ready to watch some more Jamestown, and this is certainly a fitting blend for the show too... LOL 😆

Be well everyone! ❤️

View attachment 277122

This one goes out to @The Clay King ❤️

Here’s the intro to the show you can see here in this Vimeo video.

Here’s some cool screen shots...

The Black Smith’s fire...

View attachment 277124

A woman overlooking a tobacco field...

View attachment 277125

Clay pipe... :)

View attachment 277126

P.S. This Jamestown show is when the English first settled too in Virginia, notice the English flag in the credits. :)
@PipeIT Ironic that Jamestown's biggest export was King James I's biggest hate:)

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Am I allowed to come back and say I’m still on the same pipe and blend I started out the day with? LOL 😝

Yep, still slow ass puffing Brighton in my Radice Clear Bent Dublin blah blah blah... :)

But, I really just came back, because I just started to watch on Netflix; See You On Venus. 🎥 🍿

A girl travels to Spain in search of her birth mom.

So I had to come back and have this one for @JOHN72 :) ❤️

Be well everyone! ❤️

Viva La Spain! 🇪🇸

8E0C34C1-E165-4CB5-827D-079A8EDA082F.jpeg

P.S. I picked this, in hopes it shows a lot of Spain. 🇪🇸:)

Last edited:

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
@The Clay King In VAT nations you should (I didnt say will...but should) get charged the standard import duty on a pipe. Its not tobacco which I imagine is heap higher. It should be the standard 20ish percent plus processing fee. Of course if you can get someone to list it as a gift or a lower value you will save. Not worth it on smaller purchases but and expensive pipe....

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Smoking some HU Indaba in a ser jacopo. Slowly building a new tad list. Probably just to stock up a little more. This is good but I dont know if its a repeat. Im trying to stick to around half dozen staples. Its in a Ser Jacopo.

I seem to smoke sweeter blends in the morning. Later today I will fire up some Zulu in the Paul Becker. Ive some sax mouthpieces to make in between.

1704620170840.jpeg

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
One of the two last bowls left from Capstan yellow, is smoked now in a George Leoussis pipe, while transferring tobacco from tubes and tins into jars, making and putting labels on them, such a pleasant and creative work this is...
P.S. If you permit me, in regards to previous posts: putting logic over emotion is a recipe for a dry, flat life (in my opinion)
Have a nice, first Sunday of the year, good people!

Capstan Gold Navy Cut - GL pipe.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Am I allowed to come back and say I’m still on the same pipe and blend I started out the day with? LOL 😝

Yep, still slow ass puffing Brighton in my Radice Clear Bent Dublin blah blah blah... :)

But, I really just came back, because I just started to watch on Netflix; See You On Venus. 🎥 🍿

A girl travels to Spain in search of her birth mom.

So I had to come back and have this one for @JOHN72 :) ❤️

Be well everyone! ❤️

Viva La Spain! 🇪🇸

View attachment 277734

P.S. I picked this, in hopes it shows a lot of Spain. 🇪🇸:)

@JOHN72

This is so peculiar, a few of the driving scenes in the movie are coastal roads in Spain, that look exactly like areas around the coast of Maui. 😲

This is from the movie in Spain...

02218AB2-A5F8-46C1-9A54-D8279F13DFE6.jpeg

This is going around the west side of Maui...

C8B5108D-F440-4575-A819-07CAE7A63D55.jpeg

And then if that wasn’t enough, not even a minute after the van in the movie is driving down the road in that first screen shot, this scene appears next in the movie. LOL 😝

F0FD868F-7791-48FD-98DF-01EEB119C2E2.jpeg

Hulu in Spain baby! LOL 😝 🇪🇸

87FD71EA-CBD5-4A05-9134-5D558DBB0E36.gif

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
@JOHN72

This is so peculiar, a few of the driving scenes in the movie are coastal roads in Spain, that look exactly like areas around the coast of Maui. 😲

This is from the movie in Spain...

View attachment 277744

This is going around the west side of Maui...

View attachment 277745

And then if that wasn’t enough, not even a minute after the van in the movie is driving down the road in that first screen shot, this scene appears next in the movie. LOL 😝

View attachment 277746

Hulu in Spain baby! LOL 😝 🇪🇸

View attachment 277747
Cinematographers are notorious for stringing scenes for the look rather than reality. If you want to see the real Spain I recommend Pedro Almodovar, actually there’s dozens of brilliant Spanish film makers.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Bummer @Cloozoe We got it from a xmas gathering at a nursing home of all places. I didnt lose all my taste and smell but I could only taste basic flavors...sweet, salty and other strong tastes. It has taken almost a month and I at least have most of it back. I couldnt taste the difference between any tobacco so I basically smoked junk or blends I didnt like. All I got was kind of a nutty taste. I hope you have a quick recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.