PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterson314

Can't Leave
Sep 13, 2019
Whenever I think I can handle a pipe full of just about anything, Joe pops up to correct me.

This jar had me on the couch as if I just started smoking yesterday. Got 7/8ths through it without feeling anything, then the Vitamin-N came on like a sledgehammer.

Five-year-old Plum Pudding in my Castello Sea Rock. I had an enjoyable smoke. And now, this jar will return to the cellar until I need another reminder.

IMG_8241 Large.jpeg

spearheadbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2023
Long Beach
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm nearing the half way mark of this bowl of year 2020 Mac Baren Scottish Mixture in a straight, smooth brown 1960s Lane era Charatan Special 38 bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. This blend ages well. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Time to clean a few pipes.
View attachment 282716
I hope you were up for 11 chickens legs tonight! Thats a sure fire sign of good health and well being and I mean that sincerely as a strong appetite is strength! Good evening Jim always enjoy your posts.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
The recent article on member @greeneyes remarkable collection of Ben Wades prompted me to dig out this next pipe, a 1914 straight billiard.
The stamping are very faint, but on the reverse side of the shank, “DUBLIN” stands proud. I take it that this was sold by a Dublin tobacconist, and that Peterson did not have a monopoly on pipes sold in the Republic 😁

A second bowl of Penzance

B188E82D-D21D-4E09-987A-5D2BCD7D824F.jpeg

The difference between this and the preceding bowl is quite stark.
The previous pipe had a much more restrictive draw due to its bone tenon.
The Latakia was more pronounced whereas the more open draw of this Ben Wade results in a much gentler flavour.
I preferred the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.