PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
Thanks Carol! Youngest daughter picked up her dog we were “sitting” and just left today - glad to see her yesterday and especially today! She gave me a cool Charles Schulz “Lucy” journal to document the pup’s progress! The little gal has such a cute pose when now waiting so quietly for her meals!View attachment 228340
Oh my! She is a charmer for sure! Beautiful baby she is!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Old Joe Krantz original in a Scott Klein straight blast prince, a nice gritty blend in a small pipe. Celebrating my dad's memory, my original pipe smoking mentor with his Granger from the foil pouch and only owning one pipe at a time. I think he'd look around my study and pinch up his face and ask, "What do you need with all these pipes?" Indeed.

The old WWII minesweeper skipper built a pram (flat nosed dingy) sailboat in the basement, with teak gunnels and bright blue hull with a bright red sail, that we enjoyed carting around car-top for decades. He'd sail it smoking his pipe and showing off looping a clove hitch from his Boy Scout days around the pier uprights. He also did nifty rope work for the swing set he built out of wood for the yard, and an ornamental "monkey fist" he used as a key fob.

He always planted a flower garden and liked to pluck a marigold or other small blossom for a boutonniere. He kept wearing his broad brimmed fedora after the narrow brims came into style so his buddies called him "Cowboy." As I often note, he departed life at 89 1/2 licensed to drive without glasses.

HawkeyeLinus, that puppy is a heart throb. You'll miss her just dog-sitting for her.

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
Old Joe Krantz original in a Scott Klein straight blast prince, a nice gritty blend in a small pipe. Celebrating my dad's memory, my original pipe smoking mentor with his Granger from the foil pouch and only owning one pipe at a time. I think he'd look around my study and pinch up his face and ask, "What do you need with all these pipes?" Indeed.

The old WWII minesweeper skipper built a pram (flat nosed dingy) sailboat in the basement, with teak gunnels and bright blue hull with a bright red sail, that we enjoyed carting around car-top for decades. He's sail it smoking his pipe and showing off looping a clove hitch from his Boy Scout days around the pier uprights. He also did nifty rope work for the swing set he built out of wood for the yard, and an ornamental "monkey fist" he used as a key fob.

He always planted a flower garden and liked to pluck a marigold or other small blossom for a boutonniere. He kept wearing his broad brimmed fedora after the narrow brims came into style so his buddies called him "Cowboy." As I often note, he departed life at 89 1/2 licensed to drive without glasses.

HawkeyeLinus, that puppy is a heart throb. You'll miss her just dog-sitting for her.
Wonderful story! Thank you for sharing!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Happy Father's Day! Tried Clan in a clay with a tasty local brew. Hmm.. I don't know about ghosting, didn't seem that strong in flavor, but lit and burned well. Room note (outside!) described by others was "this one is not as nice as the other. It's Acrid." Only one smoke so can't really judge it yet. ;)
View attachment 228315
@Scottmi Nice pipe; I love patterned clays. If you don't like the Clan I'd be more than happy to finish the packet - in a clay of course:)
I still think the Cavaliers, Roundheads & Redcoats would have been better off putting their Clan in their guns instead of their pipes:)

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
BCF in a Castello Sea Rock 55

52890610721_c79b3aef72_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.