Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Heavy wet snow overnight and a rain snow mix on through the day. Took me a couple hours to get all the snow removed from the central work areas and feed the critters. I’ve retreated to the garage with the trusty Ali Dubmeer filled with WCC American Cut Plug Mixture and a double espresso.
I’ve been so enamored with my Home codger blend, Big R, I overlooked this amazing baccy for awhile.
Absolutely wonderful smoke, especially with the espresso.
IMG_1555.jpeg

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
Going to have Savinelli 140° (1358/2800) in my 60th Birthday pipe, a virgin, sandblasted Savinelli Autograph Extraordinaire (Eccezionale) Fan.

View attachment 293617
Full back story on this unique pipe here.
That pipe blows me away every time I see it. Just spectacular, especially with the blue stem and box. It is probably my favorite pipe and I'm glad you are its custodian. Do you smoke it to the top or are you trying to keep the rim pristine?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps on this warm, sunny day, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Lunch follows this smoke.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
That pipe blows me away every time I see it. Just spectacular, especially with the blue stem and box. It is probably my favorite pipe and I'm glad you are its custodian. Do you smoke it to the top or are you trying to keep the rim pristine?

I’m glad you dig it. With all my pipes, I pack a little below the rim to avoid charring. This is the only pipe I handle with a white cotton glove; I have several unfinished briar pipes, and they all get grubby looking from hand oils and I’d like to keep this one from getting all dingy or prematurely darkened. It feels odd smoking it with a glove, but it’s not like there’s anyone here to see me apart from Susan.

Status
Not open for further replies.