PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrightDarkEyes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 16, 2024
Shuswap, British Columbia
IMG_5438.jpeg
I haven’t been posting smokes over the weekend. It was really busy.

This morning I enjoyed a bowl of Haunted Bookshop in my Vauen Dr. Perl straight black sandblast billiard with acrylic stem and 9mm filter.

Right now I’m smoking some Legend Hudson’s Bay in my Vauen 9001 straight mostly rusticated billiard with vulcanite stem and 9mm filter. Apparently, this is a copy of Dunhill’s Royal Yacht (with remarkably less nicotine) before Peterson picked it up. I can’t compare since I’ve never had it by Dunhill or Peterson. What I can say is that it is a very smooth and enjoyable smoke.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Picked this unsigned meer up on fleabay for like $30, XL bowl and oddly lite, i have enough meers that i smoke every day that this one surprised me, it’s like it’s almost hollow walled or something, the other nice surprise as the screw tendon is tight and aligns perfectly, we most people know when you buy these shot in the dark meers they don’t always have the best fit. High hopes of how it will color.

First bowl is some OGS

IMG_3108.jpeg

Silverwing

Might Stick Around
Apr 14, 2024
Bowling Green, KY
I have a feeling it’s going to be a very long week, but at least today is drawing to a close. I’m quite happy to send it off with some of last year’s Steamworks in my Peterson tavern series prince. Plus a bonus derpy cat that looked up long enough to take a pic with his eyes closed before face planting into my thigh. I don’t know how he breaths like this image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
MacB Vintage Syrian in this Savenelli 920KS oddball pipe.
The pipe was natural when I bought it, no stain.
It has the Savenelli shield and "ITALY" stamped on it.
But, it also has a two tone briar band and a Cumberland stem.
I have never seen another one like it.
I found it in a tobacco shop about 15 years ago.
It has a bunch of fills on the top of the pipe, so I would think a "seconds" type pipe, but the brair band and Cumberland stem are odd on a second or a Savenelli Natural line. And why would they put their shield on a second?
View attachment 310022

That looks like it might be from the Savinelli Tris line (or a second that was supposed to be in the Tris line of pipes).

das3353

Lifer
Sep 7, 2019
GLP Navigator in a Ropp Vintage with horn stem

53590151263_6b294cec6d_k.jpg

Sig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
That looks like it might be from the Savinelli Tris line (or a second that was supposed to be in the Tris line of pipes).
Could be, ill look into it.
Its not a big deal, but its interesting that the stummel looks like their natural line, but it has a two tone briar band and a Cumberland stem.
Then I though maybe someone created it themselves from a Sav Natural, but it was purchased in an actual shop, among other Savenellis.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
All the War Horse stuff aside-that's a gorgeous pipe, even better (in my view) that it is vulcanite military mounted. Simply gorgeous.

Thanks for the compliment on the pipe, I have @ashdigger to thank for it. ❤️

Speaking of @ashdigger I haven’t seen him around for quite sometime, anyone know what’s up with him? Hmm 🤔

Oh, and for posterity's sake, here’s a pic, so others know I wasn’t lying, that I did indeed try the illustrious War Horse Bar, and I came out on the other side alive! LOL rotf

P.S. And never to be repeated again! ;)

image1.jpeg

Sig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
C&D Pegasus in my Excelsior "basket" pipe..
Years ago I added a briar and ivory inlay.....which ironically I found looks like a Cavicchi inlay.
At that point I had never seen a Cavicchi pipe, I just thought it looked cool. My Kindle takes horrible pictures, but its the only way to smoke outside on a computer.....in my world. :rolleyes:
17156425730039114601697549004588.jpg

Sig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
Finally a chance for a pipe! In Franklin, Tennessee with whole family visiting our son who is now based here. Exciting to discover the majesty of the Brood XIX Cicada hatch. Wow! Tinbits mystery mixture in my Merchant Service Short Dark Cutty with a Nashville Fat Bottom Tropical Blonde brew.
View attachment 310091
You have a tall Billiard too.
Im smoking mine right now.
I have so many Billiards, they may be my favorite shape, that this one got the name the "Tall Billiard".
Mine is just a cheapo basket pipe, but it smokes great.
Its from the early 1980s and made by " Excelsior".....whoever they are. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.