PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
@PaulRVA -- right there with ya. Fr. Dempsey in a Pete Aran author (I think it is). Taking my last call of the week, and before I take a few days off to celebrate the 31st anniversary of my wife and my first date.
But before that, having all my nieces and nephews over at the still-new house for the first time.

Enjoy the weekend!
Happy Anniversary!

VDL_Piper

Lifer
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
Last bowl of McClelland Dark Star. C’est la vie. Open to suggestions.

View attachment 307438
Oh mate there is nothing that I've come across. I loved these stoved Virginias, something about the flavours but I haven't found anything comparable. I smoke a bit of Rattray's Dark Fragrant but it's different, more subtle and a lot easier to keep lit. Maybe ask in the Wanted to buy/sell section to see if anyone has a tin they can spare is my best answer and good luck on your hunt. PM me if you find a substitute.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, cod and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm off to the studio to touch up pages with a bowl of year 2020 D&R Penhooker Silver in a straight smooth brown undated pre-Republic Peterson Shamrock 263 Canadian with a nickel band and a tapered black p-lip stem. Listening to the the Reds-Orioles game.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Shamrock263.jpg

May 15, 2021
Ohio
Just had some John Patton Dark & Stormy in a MM Mark Twain Cob. That was pretty straight forward and tasty. Still figuring out the flavors. Pretty forgiving as I start puffing fast and the pipe gets hot.
I have like 40 more things to try, but I think I'm getting closer to figuring out a daily rotation for the work week. I've pretty much enjoyed everything I've tried which is good and bad. haha. I know I really like something when I mutter, "Ooh. Nice", "Mmmm hmmm", "Damn. That's pretty good". Or just let out a nice satisfied sigh, "Ahhh", which usually means there is some good nicotine.