PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
C&D VA Flake in an old Celius Root Pawn.
I believe this pipe was "topped" because ive never seen another flat top Celius Root......a plateau top was kinda the point of the "Root" series I believe.
No idea who topped it, this pipe was a gift many years ago from an old piper on the old Smokers Forum....RIP Chuck. Bad picture from my Kindle.
View attachment 309007

Wow nice grain on that! ❤️

You don’t see much about Svend Axel Celius, and I only learned about him 3-4 years ago.

It’s listed at Pipedia that he never managed to match the quality of some well known Danish makers.

But for the life of me, and I seriously don’t know why, I’ve always had this feeling inside, that he does deserve greater recognition. hmm 🤔

Maybe his ghost haunts me! LOL 😆 👻

I found this pic of him a few years ago, can’t remember where I found it.

image1.jpeg

And when I saw your post, I went online to see what pipes were out there available and ran across this pic of him that was at Arkiv.dk

IMG_1936.jpeg

Long live the name of Svend Axel Celius! ❤️

Sig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY

You don’t see much about Svend Axel Celius, and I only learned about him 3-4 years ago.

It’s listed at Pipedia that he never managed to match the quality of some well known Danish makers.

But for the life of me, and I seriously don’t know why, I’ve always had this feeling inside, that he does deserve greater recognition. hmm 🤔

View attachment 309299

And when I saw your post, I went online to see what pipes were out there available and ran across this pic of him that was at Arkiv.dk

View attachment 309300

Very cool, thanks for posting this.
I have another "King" grade with a HEAVY plateau top.
This one pictured s a "Pawn" grade, obviously the lesser of the Chess series.
Like I said, Ive never seen any of his pipes with a flat top.
The guy I got this from(Trucker Chuck) on the old Smokers Forum said he had this pipe for 20+ years and it came this way used when he got it.
The two Celius ive smoked are both fantastic. Very light, great Vulcanite stems and smoke very cool and dry....and taste great.
And yes, the blast on this one is great. Im sure it was better when it was made, it has been handled a LOT if you know what I mean.

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
Capstan Blue in a Castello Aristocratica and some Ginger Tea.
Crazy skies out here in Central Virginia.IMG_5846.jpeg
img_7990-jpeg.309313
IMG_7990.jpeg

marlow-se

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2022
Sweden

View attachment 309299

View attachment 309300

I agree. I always wondered why that line is on pipedia. It is the only negative I have heard of his pipemaking. The one I have is great and wouldn't mind having more of them.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, cod and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm near the last third of this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Watching the Braves-Mets game. The orange tabby is still by my side. The others are fighting each other.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

jwussow

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 7, 2021
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
I agree. I always wondered why that line is on pipedia. It is the only negative I have heard of his pipemaking. The one I have is great and wouldn't mind having more of them.
I have a gorgeous unsmoked Celius that I have listed for sale on eBay. Quintessential Danish shape. I couldn’t bring myself to smoke it. IMG_5284.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.