PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

EssJaySea

Can't Leave
May 12, 2021
Sebastopol, CA
Homemade sarsaparilla bitters? Do tell more.
Hey there. Obviously I just kept drinking those Manhattans....

Bitters are a pretty easy (if maybe complex) thing to make at home. You just need at least 100 proof vodka and a whole bunch of dried ingredients -- which can be hard to come by (maybe?). Cinnamon, anise, vanilla bean, zest from orange, etc. (Recipes vary.) Put them in a jar, shake 'em once a day for a couple weeks... and voila. I find they are a nice addition to soda water when you want something still a little warming the way bourbon, etc. is but want to keep things lighter.

I've got an orange bitters around too. I might make some more next weekend, now that I think of it.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Got 4 bags of rubbish from Chesterfield and Clay (King's) Cross today; 2 from each. Removed a dead pigeon from Church Way (with my litter picker); I sprayed it when I got home.
Took some found items to the charity shop in Clay (King's) Cross; returned a shopping trolley to Tesco & reported 2 more - definitely been helping the environment today!
In the UK alone approximately half a million supermarket trolleys go missing every year; if I find any I always report them...

Steddy

Lifer
Sep 18, 2021
Western North Carolina
I think I have that same tobacco leaf ashtray. Leaf stem a cigar holder?

315 is my favorite Sav shape.
Yes it is, I like it because it holds lots of dirty pipe cleaners. There’s a rule in this house, never dump the ashtray the same day you use it. So I like a big one to collect the days detritus. My buddy swore his ashes were out, but his trash can disagreed by catching on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.