PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2022 Watch City Blue Ridge Special in a straight smooth ebony post-WW2 LHS Sterncrest 91 bulldog with a sterling silver band, a diamond shank and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
LHS_Sterncrest 91_bulldog.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Having Peterson University Flake in a sandblasted Peterson Pipe Notes Pipe of the Year: The XLBC5 of Sherlock Holmes (number 74/130). When I first saw the reveal of this pipe, I was pretty disappointed. The flared trumpet shaped was off-putting and kind of ugly to my eye. I wasn’t sure if I wanted it. I missed out on last year’s PPN pipe and was bummed about that (I wished they did a 999 Author instead.) The idea of missing another PPN pipe bothered me. The following list of attributes of this year’s pipe appealed to me, though:

1. First use of the “BC” or short-tapered wear-gap stem on a System in about 100 years​
2. First time the “XL5BC” stamp has been used​
3. First time the Deluxe Sandblast System has appeared with this stain and finish​
4. 130 serially numbered and stamped pipes​
5. The Sherlock Holmes Connection​

IMG_20231102_015113.jpg

IMG_20231102_015141.jpg

The history aspect and Sherlock Holmes tie-in won out. With the pipe in hand, I’ve warmed up to it a lot. I really like the blast and grain on this particular one I got and am glad I did.

IMG_20231102_030522.jpg

IMG_20231102_030539.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of Watch City Queequeg’s Moby Dick Series in a slight bend smooth brown post WWII 1940s Sasieni Ivory 101 Westminster diplomat with a black vulcanite saddle stem. That'll finish my smoking day.
1940s_Sasieni_Ivory101_Westminster_diplomat.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Feeling pretty crappy this morning, the house behind mine had left their back garden gate unlocked and it was banging and crashing in the 80mph winds and they were too inconsiderate to remedy it so at 3am I went out and tried to bolt it. I guess the wet had expanded the wood to the point this was impossible so I went back inside and got a screwdriver and took the bloody thing off and tossed in on their overgrown lawn. I was too pissed off however and sleep was a long time coming so I’m totally knackered right now.
Some strong Holger Danske Navy in the AOC Globe is helping and a second coffee is on the way. image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.