PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
Well, late on the breakfast pipe again, but giving the other new guy a first run with some PS LBF. Stanwell 83. I find them to be good smokers at reasonable prices. More than likely stick with these as new pipe purchases until I get one for every day of week. This should be fun ?

View attachment 105721
That's a good looking pipe. Might have to look into one myself.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of WC Beta #0 in the first pipe Trever Talbot made when he went to France many years ago. It's a smooth straight Algerian briar Lumberman with a long shank and a black vulcanite saddle stem, unbranded.
Trevor_Talbert_Lumberman#2.jpg

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
That's a good looking pipe. Might have to look into one myself.
Thanks. I still like the authentic better. It’s unfinished, they don’t fill imperfections and they develop a wonderful coloration over time. And they could be the least expensive at $55 - $64 depending on sale price. The authentic version is hard to find though. This one is an Amber. There’s a smooth and sterling smooth which are next on the list most likely to add some variety. I just really enjoy how they smoke over how they look.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
G&H Curly Cut Deluxe, struggling to believe this is 100% Virginia, there is a spiciness coming through the sweetness, and sour notes reminding me strongly of Perique, yet the description and @jiminks’s review don’t mention Perique. Reminds me of Cabbies too. Mr Jim can you weigh in?

Either way a very good smoke.
I haven't smoked it in over seven years, but I didn't notice any perique at the time. Lighter Virginias often have a sour spiciness, and that may be what you are observing. I wish I had some so I could revisit the blend and rewrite that review as well.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Peterson: 3 P's Peterson's Perfect Plug in a Meer...​

yMjMjKn.jpg

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
Giving a small sample of SPC Plum Pudding Barrel Aged a try. Really enjoy the original and special reserve, so hoping this is good. Using a small Boswell poker I got that’s found it’s way to being the sampling pipe due to its small size. Great pipe though.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2015 Seattle Pipe Club Deception Pass in a smooth straight brown late 1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Deluxe Bruyere 9708B pot with a nickel accent and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Looks like my next set of walking reps are called on account of rain.
Linkman's_Dr. Grabow_Deluxe9708B_pot.jpg

gentlemancob

Might Stick Around
Apr 21, 2020
Utah
Think today is the first day the sun has been all day and not just peaking through the cloud cover. Nice and warm, judging by the forecast, won't happen much soon. Just enjoying some "Vanilla Custard" my wife gave me in my MM Country Gentleman while drinking some Community Coffee that @jiminks reminded me of. Growing up this was all my dad drank, so to emulate him I drank it too, although only when we were duck hunting in the swamps and marshes of Louisiana. A real fine afternoon for my studies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The rain stopped and I got my walking in. Because I missed lunch today, I ate some fruit and am a third of the way through this bowl of KBV The Awe Das City in a 1979 smooth straight dark brown Loewe Army 910 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Loewe910_Army_MMount.jpg