PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippy B. Coyote

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
20231030231625_IMG_3359~2.JPG

Breaking in a new Dr. Grabow Royalton with some Ennerdale Flake tonight. I had been wanting a dedicated Lakeland pipe for awhile now and this Royalton is going to be it! I'm quite surprised by how nice this pipe is, because it certainly doesn't feel like a $45 pipe. The briar is nice and thick, has a beautiful grain (if I would have known it was going to be this pretty I would have bought the smooth finished version!), and the acrylic stem feels every bit as high quality as the stems on any of my Savinellis. A lot of the Dr. Grabow lines may have gone down in quality in recent years, but the Royaltons are shockingly nice!puffy

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
Rattray's Buckingham in my Piersel sandblasted Dublin;
IMG_3773.jpeg
followed by a top up from some D&R Cockstrong in my David Huber sandblasted mini razor egg. Cock-a-doodle-woohoo!
IMG_3671.jpeg
Anyone living in my environs knows these are not current pictures because there's no white stuff in the background.

The forecast for Halloween is a -16c (3.2f) windchill. I almost feel sorry for the kids but it was the same shit when I was a kid so, I guess it builds character, or something. If my daughter doesn't last very long, that's a good thing anyway. :ROFLMAO: When did Halloween become a massive marketing scheme of Big Sugar anyway? Before I was born for sure. Was it in the 50s? Shouldn't it just be about striking terror into the hearts of innocent children, so that they learn to know Evil? Oh well. I guess we can still do that while we gorge ourselves on Oh Henry bars! Happy Halloween everyone!
IMG_3848.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am passing the half way mark on this bowl of year 2013 Rotary Navy Cut in a post-1938 Pre-Republic Peterson Dublin straight smooth X155 bulldog with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Nigel Bruce smoked this model in two Sherlock Holmes movies. Please consider asking Shane Ireland at Smoking Pipes and Peterson to bring the pipe back into production. Ice water and bergs is my drink. I may end the day with this smoke.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_X155.jpg

daniel7

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2018
Balatonalmádi, Hungary
Having an especially lovely smoke this morning for whatever reason -- Haddo's in a Dunhill Shilling made long after Dunhills were still any good, according to experts, but I've always liked it.

View attachment 257510
Come on, experts? It's only up to you to decide if your pipe is good or not. And who cares what those snobs say, the only thing matters is that you like it. Happy smokes!
P.S.: I had a Dunhill (opera pipe), in excellent condition from 1958 - and it wasn't a good smoker at all. I smoked it probably 3 times, then I sold it. According to experts, it was from an age when Dunhills were good. I sold all my Dunhills, kept only one (from 2018), a County 3111, because it was the only good smoker out of 5.

Cloozoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 1, 2023
Come on, experts? It's only up to you to decide if your pipe is good or not. And who cares what those snobs say, the only thing matters is that you like it. Happy smokes!
P.S.: I had a Dunhill (opera pipe), in excellent condition from 1958 - and it wasn't a good smoker at all. I smoked it probably 3 times, then I sold it. According to experts, it was from an age when Dunhills were good. I sold all my Dunhills, kept only one (from 2018), a County 3111, because it was the only good smoker out of 5.
Of course. I would have written "experts" in scare quotes, but I'm already on thin ice with the moderati (well, one of them, anyway) so I'm being extra scrupulous not to be construed as "insulting" or having an "attitude", which is quite a challenge for a nasty SOB such as I.

Status
Not open for further replies.