PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren99

Lifer
Aug 16, 2010
California
Finally got a load of cleaners and decided to revisit my first pipe. A 25€ Capitello that likes to get hot and leak moisture between wood and vulcanite but works just fine otherwise. I don't smoke it much but think it's a beauty. Gonna enjoy some Burley and Kentucky with just a sprinkle of Turkish in it.

View attachment 169742
View attachment 169743

View attachment 169744
I purchased an inexpensive Comoy brandy years ago when I was in London that also gets moist where the vulcanite stem meets the shank. I only use it when I travel since it wouldn't upset me if it got lost or broke in my luggage; although it otherwise smokes pretty well and looks nice.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
I purchased an inexpensive Comoy brandy years ago when I was in London that also gets moist where the vulcanite stem meets the shank. I only use it when I travel since it wouldn't upset me if it got lost or broke in my luggage; although it otherwise smokes pretty well and looks nice.
A damn shame though, isn't it? Do you have any idea what might cause it? I recently purchased another bruyere for 30€ that also fits together very tightly and was made rather poorly but doesn't leak.
I'd really like to fix it permanently instead of just placing strips of paper or pieces of cleaners inbetween.

warren99

Lifer
Aug 16, 2010
California
A damn shame though, isn't it? Do you have any idea what might cause it? I recently purchased another bruyere for 30€ that also fits together very tightly and was made rather poorly but doesn't leak.
I'd really like to fix it permanently instead of just placing strips of paper or pieces of cleaners inbetween.
A tenon replacement might be a solution. The tenon on my pipe does not fit very tightly. However, given the cost of the pipe (I don't think I paid more than the equivalent of US$50.00 for it), it's not really worth the $25 investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.