PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Last night PSB America delivered yet another amazing documentary. It was called 'Fall of the Maya Kings' and went into great detail (with evidence) as to how their decline came about. Brilliant stuff, a well worthy 5/5 from me.

Earlier in the week I also saw on the same channel the history of the lie detector/polygraph machine, that too was a full on 5/5.

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: JOHN72

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Justified: City Primeval
5 stars.
I love having justified back.
And the news is that it probably won't be the last of Raylan Givens after this season.
It's a bit darker than the original.But IMO it is an improvement in certain areas. No more corny hillbilly stereotypes.
I never watched the original, but this is interesting. I do wish FX would bring back a series like "The Shield", it had a bit more grit to it (or The Bridge, etc.)

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
The latest season of What We Do In The Shadows is streaming on HULU and it is every bit as twisted and hilarious as the previous seasons.

5 out of 5, easy.
I think that series surpassed the movie and that was great too! It’s one of the best comedies out there right now, they struck gold. Unfortunately, I don’t have Hulu anymore but I may pay for a month just so I can the new season.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I haven't read all through these, but I don't think anyone has mentioned 1899 showing on Netflix. Done by the creators of Dark, another weird one. If you like dark weird, and I mean weird, mystery stuff this is for you. I haven't seen anything like this before, but it is much more different than you can believe. The plot never stops twisting and the special effects are top notch. If dark history/science fiction type of stuff interests you give 1899 a look.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I haven't read all through these, but I don't think anyone has mentioned 1899 showing on Netflix. Done by the creators of Dark, another weird one. If you like dark weird, and I mean weird, mystery stuff this is for you. I haven't seen anything like this before, but it is much more different than you can believe. The plot never stops twisting and the special effects are top notch. If dark history/science fiction type of stuff interests you give 1899 a look.
Ah, sorry I forgot to give this a rating. For me though it's a 5 out of 5. I'm now watching the show that deals with the making of 1899. Very interesting also, as it addresses why so many languages were used in the series. I can see how this was a very expensive series to make too. Another 5/5.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
If you’re in the UK, they’re repeating the old Rab Nesbitt shows.
Every night on ‘That’s TV’ around 22.30. 5/5
I used to love that series....in spite of the fact I couldn't understand a word anyone was saying.

I'll check it out tonight assuming That's TV is for free and not subs based.

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.