PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Lees65GTO

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2022
Texas
Trying to catch up on Bosh and The Lincoln Lawyer. Man there is a fantastic variety of shows being watched. 4/5 - 4/5

Last edited:

viktor

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2024
Ontario, Canada
Try Harlan Coben's Fool Me Once (2024) on Netflix. I only stop watching when overwhelmed with plot and action :) Also if you are a horror fun, check out Marianne (French series, 2019) there as well. Watched just three episodes of each, so far they've been great to kill some time ;) Cheers.

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
School of Rock
How did I miss this until now? Hmm. Maybe recent Hollywood offerings have recalibrated my expectations? Damn! Expectations exceeded.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Completed the three seasons of the Belgian/Dutch series "Undercover" (key character - Ferry) (4/5)
Now watching "Ferry" the prequel movie - then "Ferry" the series
All on Netflix.
Dutch language but dubbed English (not great dubbing) is the only flaw.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I found a way to cut out 3 1/2 hours to watch Killers of the Flower Moon, on AppleTV. 4.8/5. In UHD, great sound and camera work, just a tad long, and it was never clear to me how oil rights get allocated and/or willed to heirs.

First time I have really liked DiCaprio's acting. The lead female was also top notch.

Reactions: scloyd

viktor

Might Stick Around
Jan 6, 2024
Ontario, Canada
The work is slow so I'm watching movies on netflix ;) Rating gives it away, isn't it? But as requested:

master gardener -- 2/5, didn't see the point
bank of dave -- 4/5, nice feel good comedy about real financial problems, almost real story
i don't expect anyone to believe me -- 5/5, cruel art mexican movie, reminds me of Cortazar
malnazidos -- 4/5, when nazis invented zombies :)
compulsion -- ??, this one is fucked up, watch it if you have a food fetish and strong stomach
the unknown saint -- 5/5, this one is perfect ;)

Reactions: Scottmi

Snook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2019
Idaho
Trying to find a way to cut out 3 1/2 hours to watch Killers of the Flower Moon, on AppleTV.

My lady pal is crazy about any all all things Bosch. I'd rate them all near a 5/5/
Killers of the Flower Moon was a great movie. Just watched it this weekend, and I think it might now be in my top 5 favorites.

Currently rewatching The West by Stephen Ives in my free time (5/5).

Watching The Crown with my wife in the evenings (4/5).

Reactions: Scottmi

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
The Irish Pub (2013)

A documentary film available on multiple streaming platforms. The Irish Pub film is a billed as a eulogy to the greatest institution in Irish society, the pub, or more specifically the Irish traditional publican. Speaking to pub owners from all over Ireland, Alex Fegan examines the heart of what makes "the Irish pub" the institution that it is. Very well presented. (4/5*)

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
5/5 this is an excellent 'debate' moderated by Lex Fridman between two high functioning, well informed individuals. I love their pace, too. No need to boost the replay speed. these guys are switched on and quick.