Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never switched over to cable when regular T.V. died ! We're the only ones in neighborhood without a cable hook up. We've never missed it. We read books mainly. Given the quality of current programming and the cost I do not believe I am missing anything. The disk I referred to is damaged. I only watch murder mysteries once or twice a weak for mindless entertainment and the scenery. We do have the ability to download and stream if we wanted ... we're not complete luddites ! Just not addicted.
P.S. They just installed 5G wiring along my street ... Its transmission is so powerful it screws up AM radio in the whole neighborhood ... I have to drive 1/4 mile away to get basic radio ! I don't see how this improves anything.
AM radio? What on earth is there to listen to on AM radio?

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
AM radio? What on earth is there to listen to on AM radio?
About 30 seconds of news, the weather is reported every 10 mins for about 1 1/2 mins (usually wrong), and about 1/2 hr of conservative talk radio until it gets repetitious (not the narcissistic idiot!) and mainly an oldies station that plays rock from my youth (with actual words that make sense not chanting jibberish!). I had an 85 Olds with an original Delco AM radio with about 3 lbs of copper that would get most stations in Canada, America and sports from Brazil and Argentina in South America (all english stations) ! It pulled in almost every station along the dial ! I miss that radio but I still have one I saved in Am/Fm (with cassette) I may install in my car if i can find someone to do it right! Digital doesn't fine tune sufficiently and doesn't have the same amount of copper. Again, I don't listen or watch that much on radio or TV ... This forum has all the humanity, comedy and tragedy,mystery, love and human interest I need !!! rotf :sher:

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
The run up to the EMMYs has begun, so yours truly is getting slammed with programming to watch. Right now I'm watching the Apple+ production of Issac Azimov's Foundation. Initially I didn't care much for it, as the storytelling seemed a little cold, But that's in keeping with the books.

The production values are truly outstanding and it's been growing on me with each passing episode.

5 out of 5
Murder on Middle Beach. 4 part series on HBO

5 out of 5

Reactions: STP and jpmcwjr

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
Watching Night Sky on Prime starring Sissy Spacek only half way through but I'd give 4/5 so far. Finished watching See on Apple starring Jason Mamoa would give that 5/5.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

username

Lifer
Dec 24, 2014
Tucson Az
I watched the new Chip and dales rescue rangers movie with mom as I liked the cartoon as a kid. I really enjoyed all the silly cameos from cartoon characters past and present. It really felt like this generations who framed roger rabbit?

Reactions: jpmcwjr

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Last night I watched 'Three Kings' on DVD. I saw it on TV about 15 years ago & enjoyed it then so thought it a good time to watch again.

An enjoyable desert war caper with some clever stunts and pretty good acting. The storyline wandered a little in places but overall a pretty good bit of escapism.

Well worthy of 4/5 from this non regular film watcher.

513FX59FXVL._AC_.jpg

Regards,

Jay.

PS: Just arrived this morning was a 4 disc boxset of George Clooney's 'Ocean's' films....so watch this space :)

Reactions: STP and jpmcwjr
Jun 9, 2018
England
Just watched the first 2 episodes of the new Star Wars series "Obi Wan Kenobi" on Disney+

It was ok but i'm hoping when Vader turns up it'll get a lot better. I won't give a rating until I finish the series.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and STP

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Just finished watching the first season of The Lincoln Lawyer. I thought it was professionally made, good, but not great. The cast is engaging, the writing a bit plodding, the characters a bit derivative, the cutaways to sun drenched slightly out of focus views of LA irritating and not really a depiction of any LA I recognize. Everyone seems to live in hilltop houses similar to the ones I’ve partnered in building, which is sad.
Except for a sequence set at Pink’s Hotdogs, which is an LA institution on par with Langer’s, the city’s character is missing.

3.5 out of 5

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Just finished watching the first season of The Lincoln Lawyer. I thought it was professionally made, good, but not great. The cast is engaging, the writing a bit plodding, the characters a bit derivative, the cutaways to sun drenched slightly out of focus views of LA irritating and not really a depiction of any LA I recognize. Everyone seems to live in hilltop houses similar to the ones I’ve partnered in building, which is sad.
Except for a sequence set at Pink’s Hotdogs, which is an LA institution on par with Langer’s, the city’s character is missing.

3.5 out of 5
I see the difference between a critic and a viewer. I don't disagree with you but I found The Lincoln Lawyer very entertaining which is the primary reason I watch TV. With that said, watching two monkeys screw a football might be entertainment for some but would never achieve critical acclaim. Just proves again, perspective is everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.