PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Partagas 1845, good.
Anyone ever notice that some of the sampler or special offers on certain cigars don't taste or burn as good as when you buy a box from your favorite cigar shop?
I got some La Glorias that were offered as a special & they didn't taste, smoke or burn like the ones I have been buying for 25+ years. Suckers wouldn't even stay lit well.

blackpowderpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2018
Middle Tennessee
Partagas 1845, good.
Anyone ever notice that some of the sampler or special offers on certain cigars don't taste or burn as good as when you buy a box from your favorite cigar shop?
I got some La Glorias that were offered as a special & they didn't taste, smoke or burn like the ones I have been buying for 25+ years. Suckers wouldn't even stay lit well.
Yes!!

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Partagas 1845, good.
The B&M shop owners get a boner whenever this happens, but for the rest of us, it is such a disappointment. It's happened enough times for me to where I got a little suspicious and conspiracy-minded, but it does not seem to be isolated to one specific retailer, or even the more budget minded retailers. At this point, I mostly chalk it up to luck off the draw, but oh man does it such to make a box investment or something and feel like you're not getting what you paid for!

Trinidad La Trova with Mexican coffee. Last of the box. A delicious cigar, but overpriced. Especially at the $100 they cost per stick at my local LCdH (granted, that includes the pretty hefty taxes in Mexico, but still).

20221204_182632.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.