PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mickeyg

Lurker
Jul 28, 2015
My Father Le Bijou 1922
Man, I'm just finishing a box of 24 Box Press Torpedoes & most of them are canoe jobs. I mean, it seems there's roots, branches & whatever packed on one side of them. I was offered a rebate on them after a half dozen, but I just couldn't believe that 3/4 of a box of not so cheap cigars were unsmokeable. The ones that burned correctly were pretty close to heaven, though.

Man, I'm just finishing a box of 24 Box Press Torpedoes & most of them are canoe jobs. I mean, it seems there's roots, branches & whatever packed on one side of them. I was offered a rebate on them after a half dozen, but I just couldn't believe that 3/4 of a box of not so cheap cigars were unsmokeable. The ones that burned correctly were pretty close to heaven, though.
That has been my experience with My Father as well. Their quality control is very sub-par. The tobacco they use is very good though.

That is why I smoke My Father less often

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
I get the occasional wonky burn, but I've never had a MF canoe on me, that sucks.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Your posts always make me extremely jealous and eager to try more Cuban cigars. The LCdH here in Tijuana has a very good selection, of course, and is plenty nice, but their hours are wack. They close at 7 pm, and aren't open on Sundays at all. If anyone knows any other good spots for Habanos in Tijuana, Rosarito, Tecate, Ensenada, etc., let me know. Nothing else listed on the HSA website. Yeah, I know I can buy online, but I am more of a mix and match guy these days.

Now smoking one of my favorite cigars of 2022, Olmec Claro with some Mexican coffee from Veracruz

20230219_171841.jpg

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Tatuaje Gran Cojonu Series A. Meh. Not much flavor and a whole buttload of nicotine. I had lots of trouble getting the wrapper to burn right, which is in line with other ligero-wrapped cigars I've had before. As I'm working my way through old Tatuaje, this is the first i've had that I would not purchase again.