PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Plasencia Reserva Original with a cup of Rwandan coffeeView attachment 277912

You certainly drink a lot of coffee beans/blends from around the world.

As someone into coffee, I’d really love to see pics of the bags, to know a little more about which growers/blenders/companies you’re choosing, every time you post, if it’s not to much trouble to ask.

Thanks 🙏

Sep 18, 2015
You certainly drink a lot of coffee beans/blends from around the world.

As someone into coffee, I’d really love to see pics of the bags, to know a little more about which growers/blenders/companies you’re choosing, every time you post, if it’s not to much trouble to ask.

Thanks 🙏

I buy green coffee, mostly from BCT or SM ocasionally CBC and roast my own. I’d be willing to post the region/coop/farm if your interested but it’s not likely that I’m gonna go dig out a 5lb bag of green beans just to get a picture of the labe. I store everything in large airtight totes and only open one when I’m getting ready to roast, typically once a week..

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I buy green coffee, mostly from BCT or SM ocasionally CBC and roast my own. I’d be willing to post the region/coop/farm if your interested but it’s not likely that I’m gonna go dig out a 5lb bag of green beans just to get a picture of the labe. I store everything in large airtight totes and only open one when I’m getting ready to roast, typically once a week..

Ok...

It would be greatly appreciated if you please put the names of the coffee blenders, company, at least when you post.

You got me all excited seeing all these geo regions. :)

Thanks

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
@onestrangeone I appreciate you taking your time to share, we all certainly learn a lot from each other here on the forum. :)

By the way, there is actually a Huye Mountain Coffee, and then Stumptown Coffee Roasters with a blend called Rwanda Huye Mountain.

I don’t know which one you are referring to? 🤔

Thanks 🙏

P.S. @alaskanpiper here’s something interesting with Alaskan Airlines and Stumptown, assuming you’re a coffee lover.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2015
@onestrangeone I appreciate you taking your time to share, we all certainly learn a lot from each other here on the forum. :)

By the way, there is actually a Huye Mountain Coffee, and then Stumptown Coffee Roasters with a blend called Rwanda Huye Mountain.

I don’t know which one you are referring to? 🤔

Thanks 🙏

P.S. @alaskanpiper here’s something interesting with Alaskan Airlines and Stumptown, assuming you’re a coffee lover.

I’m not sure either, it looks like the guy with Stumptown operates a couple of washing stations in the region, I’m guessing he is possibly a broker As well? As I understand it a lot of the places that grow coffee operate as cooperatives.

Sep 18, 2015
I just bought a box of these. Gonna let them rest a bit. The one i tried didn’t excite me. Is there a length of time these need to become special or do you like them fresh?
I don’t care much for em fresh, this batch is at 8 months and still needs some time, I found one that had been sitting in one of my boxes for about two years that was really good so I’m guessing they need at least two years to develop.