PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Figured I'd back up the source for my earlier Corojo 12 claim. My mobile browser translates the page just fine, but your mileage mileage may vary.

What is interesting is they only apparently grew the crop for a few years in Cuba, for some reason deemed it unsuccessful, and then abandoned it. The leaf made exemplary cigars, but they went back to Criollo 98, Habano, and the other more tried and true varieties developed during the early to mid '00s. C12 seeds have made it out to Nicaragua and Honduras and are finding their way into non-Cuban cigars.

With so many cigar industry people having left Cuba in the last 5 years, there is no telling the current state of the growers, processors, and breeders, unless you visit there. I have heard wild stories about nearly-empty rolling galleries, and Habanos SA is cutting their export to quite a few markets by 50% for this next year.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Having a box pressed Rocky Patel Decade 10th Anniversary Robusto, 5.0" x 50 on the porch. It’s 64⁰ and sunny. A little breezy, but not to the point of getting too chilly. It’s pleasant out and the chimney swifts are chittering away above our heads, and a mourning dove is making its plaintive “hooing” call. Wasabi is happy to be outside. He initially ran to the door, but waited for Mama patiently before going outside.

20240509_110204.jpg

20240509_110803.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York

Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding and its variants are faves of mine. I was very curious about checking out the cigar iteration since its announcement, but your insightful review gives me pause. I will probably pick up one or two at a brick and mortar in the near future to check out firsthand (I lean towards buying boxes generally speaking).